New Purple 360

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

drumbob
RRF Consultant

New Purple 360

Post by drumbob »

Check this out. I have never seen one. I'm really happy to see new colors coming out of Santa Ana. Wow, is this tempting.

https://reverb.com/item/53235128-ricken ... DQxMmYiLCJ
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Re: New Purple 360

Post by jdogric12 »

I love all these limited things the company has been doing, but I gave up on them making any as 12ers and spent the little bit of play money I had on something else. Watch, next week something in a 12 will come out that knocks my socks off!
drumbob
RRF Consultant

Post by drumbob »

You're right, but I love the new colors anyway.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The purple 360 is very unique. 11 out of 10!
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

admin wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:58 am 11 out of 10!
Still one short for me ha ha ha ha ha (cause I like 12-strings. Get it? See what I did there?) :lol:
Tommy
Intermediate Member

Post by Tommy »

The purple finish looks great and certainly has the wow factor...but let's be honest, that feeling is going to wear off pretty quickly. It's a purple guitar! Unless you are a massive Minnesota Vikings fan or feel Prince was a deity in human form, a purple guitar really is without purpose. The initial eye-popping quality will fade quickly.
drumbob
RRF Consultant

Post by drumbob »

Well, if you like purple guitars and think it looks great on a Rick, then I see no reason not to love it for the duration. For the record, I like and admire Prince's music on the whole, but his love of purple has no bearing on my decision. I also think that a purple Rick might be a great investment. My four Ricks have all increased dramatically in value lately.
Tommy
Intermediate Member

Post by Tommy »

drumbob wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:45 pm Well, if you like purple guitars....
Who exactly likes purple guitars? If there were a huge public outcry for purple guitars, a notable increase in sales for purple guitars...wouldn't you think all guitar companies would be making a ton of purple guitars? But there is no public outcry or spike in sales when it comes to purple guitars. Nobody really wants them.

Yes, that purple Ric is definitely spectacular. But it's a novelty item.
maxwell

Post by maxwell »

…could be. The Grape Jelly 330s never really made the scene, as far as I know… (but I did like that “purple” a lot).
Dom

Post by Dom »

I freaking love purple guitars! My 2nd Ric was a purple ‘92 330/12 with black hardware. Was an MG and someone did an amateur translucent purple over just the body and did pearl white spray on the pickguards. Sounded great, but I rarely used it. Every doubled string feels gross. I lost feeling in my left pinky tip in a work accident when I was 16. Upside? Learned slide. Kenny has that one now. Traded for a 330 6 with a cracked finish. I hope to pull the neck out for the 350 as soon as life’s scheduling department allows it.
drumbob
RRF Consultant

Post by drumbob »

Tommy wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:36 pm
drumbob wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:45 pm Well, if you like purple guitars....
Who exactly likes purple guitars? If there were a huge public outcry for purple guitars, a notable increase in sales for purple guitars...wouldn't you think all guitar companies would be making a ton of purple guitars? But there is no public outcry or spike in sales when it comes to purple guitars. Nobody really wants them.

Yes, that purple Ric is definitely spectacular. But it's a novelty item.
Go to Chicago Music Exchange's website and drill down and find the color chart on the left and feast your eyes on the purple guitars for sale. I don't know where you've been, but manufacturers have been making purple guitars since the 1980s. Even Fender and Gibson have made purple guitars over the years. You need to get out more, I think. :wink:
Tommy
Intermediate Member

Post by Tommy »

drumbob wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:25 am
Go to Chicago Music Exchange's website and drill down and find the color chart ....
So Chicago Music Exchange has a number of purple guitars for sale. I'm sure at one time they had a number of Zoot Suit SGs for sale, too.

Bottom line is this: most of us here have been following music for decades. Let me ask you, how many top performers have you ever seen sport a purple guitar? I can name hundred of players that use black guitars, FireGlo, natural, burst, red.... I can only name one top pro who has used a purple guitar (and something tells me she was told to by her boss).

drumbob
RRF Consultant

Post by drumbob »

I really don't care to get into an argument with you over something as insignificant as purple guitars. If you feel the need to get into a pissing match with someone (and it seems that you do), kindly do it with someone else, OK? I have better things to do. Adios.
espidog

Post by espidog »

Can't believe that anyone is having a row about...of all things...the colour of a musical instrument. Chill, folks!

All I know is that I would love to own a 4003 in this colour, and I definitely wouldn't ever get tired of it. I'm a big fan of purple! :mrgreen:
2004 4003 JetGlo
Epiphone Jack Casady
Ovation Magnum 1
Mania VTB-4BS
Dean Stylist w/ John Birch Magnum II pups
Yamaha BB414
Trace Elliot VA350/GP11 Mk1
Peavey TB-Raxx
2 BFM Omni 10.5 crossfire cabs
Roland Bass Cube 100
drumbob
RRF Consultant

Post by drumbob »

I couldn't believe it either. I had no desire to argue with that guy over the color of guitar. He obviously wanted to start some sh** with me, so I just banished his sorry *** to the Permanent Ignore List, where he shall remain in perpetuity. I hope his wife/girlfriend buys him a purple guitar as a birthday present.

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”