Checkerboard Binding

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

ilan
RRF Consultant

Re: Checkerboard Binding

Post by ilan »

Keep us posted. If I had to guess - a production 4002S and SW with skunk stripe.
"A Noble Instrument Must Be Nobly Regarded"
WillyWonka

Post by WillyWonka »

aceonbass wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:05 pm Ben, the reason I ask this question is that there are a couple of morons over at TalkBass perpetuating the idea that checkered binding is now printed on, based on an online photo of a current walnutglo 4003. Another member has shown a photo of a section of binding on his CB 4003 that he was able to scratch a little off of one checker where it turned white, supposedly proving it to be some kind of printing. I have a 4003MG CB I bought a couple of years ago, and it looks authentic to me, but after being called a "fanboy" by the Cretan that started all this, I thought I'd pose the question here. I would have contacted you directly, but all of my emails and contact info have been deleted here.

I seriously doubt that pic was even of a Rickenbacker, it looked “off”.

Was he saying it was his bass, or was it pulled off the interwebz?

My eyes glaze over when peepholes complain about stupidity.
matbard@me.com

Post by matbard@me.com »

RIC_FACTORY wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:23 pm And I don't plan on using it on a certain 4000 Series kinda reissue that might be revealed within the next few months or so 8)
Any hint? A teaser? :P
-

--> Matteo Barducci
teeder

Post by teeder »

And I don't plan on using it on a certain 4000 Series kinda reissue that might be revealed within the next few months or so 8)
Yer killin' me!

:D
squirebass
Veteran RRF member

Post by squirebass »

Hey, this sounds GREAT!!!! And you can call me a Tony Tiger fanboy! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
morrow

Post by morrow »

After the 4005 XC I’ve been hoping a short scale bass neck might make an appearance on a 350 body !
teeder

Post by teeder »

4001V68!
bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

A V68 would be nice, but would need the checker binding, sparkly inlays, and no center stripe. I'm thinking a return of the V63.
Author: "The Rickenbacker Electric Bass - 50 Years As Rock's Bottom"
matbard@me.com

Post by matbard@me.com »

bassduke49 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:38 am A V68 would be nice, but would need the checker binding, sparkly inlays, and no center stripe. I'm thinking a return of the V63.
That would be fantastic, indeed...
-

--> Matteo Barducci
RIC_FACTORY
RIC

Post by RIC_FACTORY »

"kinda reissue" is the important part of my post.
bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

Maybe making the 4005XC a standard catalog item? Maybe without the checker binding and with a reduced price? Maybe a revised 4004 lineup? Keep this up and I may have to make a third edition. :?
Author: "The Rickenbacker Electric Bass - 50 Years As Rock's Bottom"
WillyWonka

Post by WillyWonka »

RIC_FACTORY wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:40 pm "kinda reissue" is the important part of my post.

I just need a 620 in any colour but the big 3.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

RIC_FACTORY wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:23 pm Fun fact: The last time we actually bought the checkered binding was in 2014. Those boxes in the pic I posted? Yeah, they got here to the factory 8 years ago. I reckon we have enough of it to last another 90 years too :wink:

And I don't plan on using it on a certain 4000 Series kinda reissue that might be revealed within the next few months or so 8)
You don't? I'm confused.
teeder

Post by teeder »

RIC_FACTORY wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:40 pm "kinda reissue" is the important part of my post.
I'd be happy with a V68 or a V63 with a skunk stripe!
Always loved the look of the 5 piece pegheads on the 4005's!
StereoPlayer

Post by StereoPlayer »

WillyWonka wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:11 pm
aceonbass wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:05 pm Ben, the reason I ask this question is that there are a couple of morons over at TalkBass perpetuating the idea that checkered binding is now printed on, based on an online photo of a current walnutglo 4003. Another member has shown a photo of a section of binding on his CB 4003 that he was able to scratch a little off of one checker where it turned white, supposedly proving it to be some kind of printing. I have a 4003MG CB I bought a couple of years ago, and it looks authentic to me, but after being called a "fanboy" by the Cretan that started all this, I thought I'd pose the question here. I would have contacted you directly, but all of my emails and contact info have been deleted here.

I seriously doubt that pic was even of a Rickenbacker, it looked “off”.

Was he saying it was his bass, or was it pulled off the interwebz?

My eyes glaze over when peepholes complain about stupidity.
Checker binding gate!
You can’t get here from there.

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”