Rich Robinson Rickenbacker Model

Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

efpee

Re: Rich Robinson Rickenbacker Model

Post by efpee »

efpee wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:42 am For the record, the said 365 S is pictured under https://reverb.com/item/35749648-ricken ... orris-1967
So this one is simply listed under a wrong product number?
collin

Post by collin »

I might have mangled the URL

Try this:

https://reverb.com/item/61187793-1969-r ... t=61187793
efpee

Post by efpee »

No, your URL was corrrect the first time... my previous post was refering to the Rick that was for sale in Italy and described as "365 S Rose Morris" which may be a 3262 instead (the photograph only shows the lower part of the headstock but I think you can even see a bit of those fillers).
The ex-Rich Robinson 381 is also a real peach, by the way.
collin

Post by collin »

efpee wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:44 am No, your URL was corrrect the first time... my previous post was refering to the Rick that was for sale in Italy and described as "365 S Rose Morris" which may be a 3262 instead (the photograph only shows the lower part of the headstock but I think you can even see a bit of those fillers).
The ex-Rich Robinson 381 is also a real peach, by the way.
Ah, I see what you are getting at.

They're technically one and the same. One nomenclature (365S) is how Electro String/Radio Tel (who produced and sold Rickenbacker guitars) referred to this model, while 3262 is the Rose Morris catalog designation for the same guitar. A deluxe-feature six string with a vibrato.

My point is that, to my knowledge, there was never a factory Rose Morris export that had a New Style 360 body and a standard 6-string peghead. Only the "filled" 12-string converted type.

The Rich Robinson guitar stands out because several specs do not match those of a RM 3262, because it was produced in 1964 as a prototype.
efpee

Post by efpee »

Collin, thanks for sorting this out so patiently for me. :D
Len

Post by Len »

Hey just adding two things to this thread. First, back when they were called Mr Crowe's Garden Rich played a hollow body Rickenbacker. This was back in 1986 or so, and I saw them play a few times in bars in Atlanta. I can't recall the model, but maybe it was a Burgundy color.

Second, did anyone watch the Chronic Town 40th Anniversary livestream this week? Rich was playing an excellent green F model. If you saw it, or know the guitar I am talking about, do you know what guitar that was? Thanks!
collin

Post by collin »

Len wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:52 pm Second, did anyone watch the Chronic Town 40th Anniversary livestream this week? Rich was playing an excellent green F model. If you saw it, or know the guitar I am talking about, do you know what guitar that was? Thanks!
It’s a 360F copy made by Australian luthier Piers Crocker, called a Crockenbacker. Plenty of discussion on these if you search past threads.
Len

Post by Len »

It’s a 360F copy made by Australian luthier Piers Crocker, called a Crockenbacker. Plenty of discussion on these if you search past threads.
[/quote]

Thanks for the info!

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”