NGD 1967 Ric 335

Early years of Rickenbacker Guitars prior to and including 1972

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

RicUpNorth

NGD 1967 Ric 335

Post by RicUpNorth »

It can yesterday, right before practice. I strung it up with some 12’s and ran out the door to jam.

The guitar has been modded and changed a lot (which was why I could afford it. The tuners were changed to new Klusons (matching the originals), the pickups and electronics were swapped and it has Rickenbacker HB1 pickups. Pick guard is newer. At one point it had full size humbuckers installed, and has since been filled with maple and drop tinted to try and match the original finish.

First impressions are it’s amazing! The neck feels really good, on the smaller side but not too small. The humbuckers are phenomenal, I have a set in a Ric 260 already and just really dig them. They have endless jangle still (more than the hi-gains in my 620), and so much clarity and are dead silent. It’s definitely been a player’s guitar over its life, but it has honest wear that just looks and feels great. I enjoyed the vibrato for subtle bends. It also came with a reissue of the vintage Ric cases, the grey with blue interior.

Super pumped. I’ll snag some more pictures after work today.
BC2F0522-B409-4B70-8E25-30A2D6B55C1E.jpeg
iiipopes
Intermediate Member

Re: NGD 1967 Ric 335

Post by iiipopes »

Congrats!

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: Vintage Years - Before 1973”