Rickenbacker 1993Plus Replacement Tuners

Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

sundiegojc

Re: Rickenbacker 1993Plus Replacement Tuners

Post by sundiegojc »

From the photo, it would appear that you received mounting screws with your tuners.
Both Rickenbacker's "official" boutique.rickenbacker.com parts site and Chicago Music Exchange list them as not including the screws.
The factory rep at Rickenbacker in Santa Ana could not verify whether of not they were included, BUT he stated that these newer tuners used a narrower screw, and he was unsure as to whether the old larger screws would pass through the new tuner holes.
Was your Luthier use the old screws with the new tuners (and thus avoiding having to fill in the older, larger screw holes)?
Thanks in advance!
Your adventures with your tuners gives me hope for a relatively pain-free installation.
mike_d

Post by mike_d »

Hi, there. I apologize for not seeing this thread sooner. I’m pretty sure that my luthier used the original screws from the old set of tuners. Because my new tuners were sent to me as warranty replacements, I took off all of the old tuners myself and sent them in (without the screws and original ferrules. Rickenbacker sent me all new tuners along with a packet of new ferrules and screws, I’m assuming because they were warranty replacements. My luthier used the original screws and ferrules as I still have the unopened packs in the case. Hope this helps.
325c64 JG,325c58 JG, 325/12v63 JG, 350v63 JG, 1996 FG, 360/12c63 FG, 360/6 Carl Wilson FG, 1993Plus FG, 660/12 FG, 425 FG (1965), 360/12 FG (1965/67)
sentionaut

Post by sentionaut »

so, I have a 2019 381v69, is it most likely it has the inferior Schiller tuners on it? and has anyone else had luck getting there newer Goth ones from Rickenbacker?

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”