Wish List - Rickenbacker bass Offerings and Features

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

JM82

Re: Wish List - Rickenbacker bass Offerings and Features

Post by JM82 »

Korladis wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:31 pm A faster way to deploy the mute would be nice.
Agreed, I’d like it if were spring loaded, so you just pull on one of the buttons and it pops up with the option to fine tune the final height to get the right amount of muting depending on your action/preference etc. Once set you could just flick it on and off. I don’t have the engineering brain to work out how that could be done but it would make it more useable.
teeder

Post by teeder »

I have plans for a palm mute that can easily be added to any old style tailpiece. It would allow you to apply varying force with your palm or none at all.

Just need to make a few one of these days to try it out.
Korladis

Post by Korladis »

JM82 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:49 am
Korladis wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:31 pm A faster way to deploy the mute would be nice.
Agreed, I’d like it if were spring loaded, so you just pull on one of the buttons and it pops up with the option to fine tune the final height to get the right amount of muting depending on your action/preference etc. Once set you could just flick it on and off. I don’t have the engineering brain to work out how that could be done but it would make it more useable.
Yeah, that way I could deploy it for just a song or just part of a song.

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”