Rickenbacker.com has been offline recently

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

RIC_FACTORY
RIC

Re: Rickenbacker.com has been offline recently

Post by RIC_FACTORY »

I won't go into the backstory... but something's in the works.

Until then, boutique is at least still up: https://boutique.rickenbacker.com/
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Thanks for that update, Ben. 8)
kennyhowes
Veteran RRF member

Post by kennyhowes »

New front page! A good start.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

kennyhowes wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:02 am New front page! A good start.
8)
Bitterend17

Post by Bitterend17 »

I'm surprised that the company disables its website (with the exception of the Boutique section) for over 2 months. If a revamped website is being constructed, I'd imagine the new website is ready to go before shutting down the old one. A few days for the change over, maybe. But months? RIC sure does things its own way, I guess.
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

It's probably priorities ... the RIC website, except for the Boutique section and the occasional updating of the price list, models, and colors, , has typically been just a static source of information rather than a dynamic, ever-changing website (not a criticism, just an observation). 8)
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
4005player

Post by 4005player »

I wonder....

Will the new site sell all their instruments direct like Fender and Gibson.....(doubt it, but it would be very cool if...!)
collin

Post by collin »

4005player wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:40 pm I wonder....

Will the new site sell all their instruments direct like Fender and Gibson.....(doubt it, but it would be very cool if...!)
Direct to consumer (DTC) would be a nightmare. Fender and Gibson can do that because they produce a vast number of instruments each year and they're giant enough that dealers can't get away with NOT carrying those brands. Fender and Gibson can effectively cut out the middleman with very little pushback from dealers.

It's not the same scenario with RIC, in my humble opinion. Dealers play a valuable role in carrying the instruments and acting as an intermediary for warranty claims, backlogs and other normal challenges for a small/medium-sized manufacturer.

Much better to see RIC focus on making great instruments than going DTC simply because other brands are.
lazerdriver

Post by lazerdriver »

I asked Rickenbacker service about this today. He said they were hit by a ransomware attack and have been working on building a more secure website. Said they should be back on the air in the next few weeks.
Bitterend17

Post by Bitterend17 »

So, my new 325c64 arrived today. No Owners Manual included - gives you a QR code to access Owner's Manual. Click on QR code and what do I get? The website that isn't working. Is it unreasonable to expect to either have an Owners Manual included with the guitar or a QR code that actually takes me to a digital version of that manual? Or post the manual on RIC's Boutique page, either to order a paper copy or download the manual.

Begs the larger question of how a company can, in this day and age, have its website not working for months. It's rather perplexing. And annoying.

I don't get it. I really don't.
collin

Post by collin »

Bitterend17 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:56 pm So, my new 325c64 arrived today. No Owners Manual included - gives you a QR code to access Owner's Manual. Click on QR code and what do I get? The website that isn't working. Is it unreasonable to expect to either have an Owners Manual included with the guitar or a QR code that actually takes me to a digital version of that manual? Or post the manual on RIC's Boutique page, either to order a paper copy or download the manual.

Begs the larger question of how a company can, in this day and age, have its website not working for months. It's rather perplexing. And annoying.

Welp. Your user name checks out…
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

Bitterend17 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:56 pm So, my new 325c64 arrived today. No Owners Manual included - gives you a QR code to access Owner's Manual. Click on QR code and what do I get? The website that isn't working. Is it unreasonable to expect to either have an Owners Manual included with the guitar or a QR code that actually takes me to a digital version of that manual? Or post the manual on RIC's Boutique page, either to order a paper copy or download the manual.

Just curious what you were looking for in the owner’s manual? Anything we can assist with?
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

https://web.archive.org/web/20230427152 ... manual.pdf

Internet Wayback Machine is your friend! :)
Tache3

Post by Tache3 »

Its back (minus the forum).

Lots of missing items in the 'Legacy' section as well. But at least its up and running again. More content to come, I assume.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Glad to see it back up. I'll have to peruse it some more, but I did notice that the parts diagrams with part numbers is not there.

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”