Comments visible?

Register, Price List, Gallery, RIC Outlet One Offs

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Tache3

Comments visible?

Post by Tache3 »

Are comments that are added to an entry supposed to be publicly visible? Mine aren't.
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Re: Comments visible?

Post by doctorwho »

What "Comment" feature are you referring to?
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
Tache3

Post by Tache3 »

doctorwho wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:25 am What "Comment" feature are you referring to?
In registry listings. Each entry has a box for comments, in addition to the basic item information. Is this part of the listing not publicly visible?

I can only see the comment if I go to edit the entry, not when viewing the listing.
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Tache3 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:54 am
doctorwho wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:25 am What "Comment" feature are you referring to?
In registry listings. Each entry has a box for comments, in addition to the basic item information. Is this part of the listing not publicly visible?

I can only see the comment if I go to edit the entry, not when viewing the listing.
O.K., I see that now ... I checked my 450v63 JG listing, and it's the same for my comment there as well, I can see the comment only in the Edit page. Sort of a bummer, eh? :(
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
Tache3

Post by Tache3 »

doctorwho wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:43 amO.K., I see that now ... I checked my 450v63 JG listing, and it's the same for my comment there as well, I can see the comment only in the Edit page. Sort of a bummer, eh? :(
Yep, seems kind of a pointless feature TBH.

*EDIT- It seems that if an instrument is tagged as 'stolen' then the comment is visible. Perhaps the comment function relates to this feature only.

Return to “Rickenbacker Register”