Custom Bass Build

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Nightsky69

Custom Bass Build

Post by Nightsky69 »

I am currently in the process of reviving a project I started many years ago. The idea is to create a bass with the body shape and and look resembling my 660-12 ric. I currently own 3 ric basses which have grown too heavy for my poor old back, so this one will have a lightened body. I would like to use a pair of toaster pups (like on a 4005) to emulate the 660 look, locations based on 4003 spacing however (neck pup at the 24th fret harmonic, bridge pup approximately 4 1/8" from the bridge, a Schaller 3D-4 like what's on my 4004L). My question is about the toasters. On a more recent 4005 are they both the same? If so, can I just use a pair of the current reissues? If the bridge pup is different (ie. slightly wider pole spacing to account for string spread, or longer pole slugs for different output), are those available from Rickenbacker, or anywhere? I don't see anything like that on their site. I assume I could use a current reissue in the neck position. Any thoughts from you experts out there?
Korladis

Re: Custom Bass Build

Post by Korladis »

Toasters all have six wide poles.

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”