Vintage Series Prices

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

C._Bourke

Vintage Series Prices

Post by C._Bourke »

Looks like V series guitars are dropping in price. I just picked up a BRAND NEW unsold stock 4001v63 mapleglow over the weekend for $799 !!!!

It 's a Sept. 98 dated bass which had been sitting around this particular Guitar Centre since around that time. Unfortunately they lost or sold the case and didn't have the hang tags/warranty card.

Anybody know if Rickenbacker would be cool with me trying to register my waranty with out the tag?

Keep your eyes out for great deals everyone!
whitfordstholmes

Post by whitfordstholmes »

Screaming deal! I'd love to get a MG 4001v63... just got a CS4001, and it'll be a tough sell to my wife. But it would look so nice between my FG 4003S and CS4001...
rick12dr
Veteran RRF member

Post by rick12dr »

It sure seems like Guitar Center misplaces warranty cards alot.I'd like to know what the company's position is on this;they have a Big volume dealer that seems to continually do this.
On the other hand, I've heard that a warranty Must be[on a state to state basis, anyway, as applicable] honored if the customer only retains his original bill of sale.John Hall? So what IS the official word on this??
Nick_Thiel

Post by Nick_Thiel »

It wouldn't surprise me if Ric drops guitar center in the future. This seems to be a big problem with them, where do all of these warranty cards and cases go?
C._Bourke

Post by C._Bourke »

Well Ric has dropped this particular Guitar Centre. They told me "no returns..we're not selling Ric's anymore". I've never liked Guitar Centre but hey, for $799 I wont complain!
leftybass
RRF Consultant

Post by leftybass »

I have also noticed quite a reduction in Rickenbacker inventory over the past year at the Guitar Centres that I frequent....it may be company-wide....
squirebass
Veteran RRF member

Post by squirebass »

The Guitar Center down here in Central Dallas has dropped down to just two Ricks, a Mapleglo 4001v63 that has been hanging up for so long it needs a truss rod tweak and a jetglo 325v63. Six or eight months ago they had a small wall full of guitars and three basses.
"This is the big one, Elizabeth, I'm coming to join ya, honey!"
jnbass
Veteran RRF member

Post by jnbass »

The Guitar Center in Hollywood's Sunset Blvd has just ADDED a whole bunch of Rics, the guy says more on order-go figure...
Buy it before someone else does

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”