My contribution to 325 mania! (pic)

The short-scale model that changed history

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

elysrand
Advanced Member

Post by elysrand »

Wow - is that a factory red? It is gorgeous Image
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, and sit in with the band whenever you can, to keep your chops up!
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Yes, Red (not Ruby).
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
lennon211
Intermediate Member

Post by lennon211 »

Here are my two 325's.

ImageImage

a 325v63 and a 325/12v63
Sarcasm just doesn't come through when you're typing...
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Nice!
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
8mileshigh

Post by 8mileshigh »

Not too much of a 'burst on this '67.

doctorno
RRF Consultant

Post by doctorno »

I have got my 325V59 back with a new finish and new frets. Does it not look beautiful? Today I am the happiest man on earth, I guess ;-) ...

jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Is that off-white? I think I can see some woodgrain under there...

Here are three: A stock 325C58 and an AFG 1996, and my modded 325 with two knobs, a pinned Kaufmann, and aged Autumnglo finish.

“I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
leftybass
RRF Consultant

Post by leftybass »

That looks really cool, Markus. I'd like to see that on some other Ricks as well.
doctorno
RRF Consultant

Post by doctorno »

Is that off-white? I think I can see some woodgrain under there...

Paul, the picture looks a little too bright. Actually this is a clear, natural finish (some kind of mapleglo), but the guitar was slightly bleached before the new lacquer was applied. Now it looks a little brighter than maple would normally look, but if you see it in the daylight, it does not look "white" at all. Here is another photograph:

jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Gotcha. Nice color.
“I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
doctorno
RRF Consultant

Post by doctorno »

Thanks, Paul. I feel like a little child at christmas. I am sooo happy: my favorite guitar just got even better. I cannot believe it still!

Your three 325s also look beautiful. Could you post more detailed photographs - especially of the one in autumnglo?

Why did you leave the Kaufmann vibrato on these guitars? Would it not be a better idea to replace them? (Sorry, I am just curious.)
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

The 325 originally came with an "R" tailpiece. I added an NOS Kaufmann for looks, and it's been pinned.

The C58 comes, of course, with the Kaufmann, and I've had no problem keeping it in tune. I don't use the vibrato much on this guitar.
― Kurt Vonnegut
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

I don't use the vibrato much on this guitar.

That explains it!
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

What I really mean, JB, is that I don't dive-bomb. I do use it as it was meant, for a bit of "shimmer" (shimmy?). Still, stays in tune remarkably well. Overuse leads to cramped (*******?) hand and finish damage.
― Kurt Vonnegut
doctorno
RRF Consultant

Post by doctorno »

Paul, I played a 325C58 once in s ahop in Frankfurt and I cannot believe how somebody can use the Kaufmann vibrato, if the use is not limited to never touching it ;-) ...

Nevertheless I love the C58 ... This is the 325 still missing in my collection ... ;-)

Once again ... could you post a picture of your autumnglo 325?

Return to “Rickenbacker Vintage 325 Models: by Glen Lambert”