My contribution to 325 mania! (pic)

The short-scale model that changed history

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

kennyhowes
Veteran RRF member

My contribution to 325 mania! (pic)

Post by kennyhowes »

My first Ric 6-string was a straight 320, "R" tail and all, from about 1980. It's lonnng gone (traded it towards a 350, also long gone) BUT I just picked this '81 up for a great deal, AND it's already got a B5 on it!

P.S. I don't think I'll trick it out Lennon-style - there's a lot of those out there right now, and who wants to be like everyone else? Image

Better pics soon.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Better to be one of a kind!
spencer

Post by spencer »

I'm into it Kenny.
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Kenny wrote:

... who wants to be like everyone else? ...

Amen!:

It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
kennyhowes
Veteran RRF member

Post by kennyhowes »

Nice, Gary! How many you got now?
fredyfredy

Post by fredyfredy »

Hi! I don't post to this board often but I do read and enjoy daily.

A contribution to Kenny's 325 MANIA.
fredyfredy

Post by fredyfredy »

Didn't work, Have to reduce the image size. Apologies
mike_mccue

Post by mike_mccue »

"who wants to be like everyone else?"

Hey Kenny, nothing wrong with that ;-)

mike

glen_l

Post by glen_l »

Some nice unique 320's here. My first ever Ric was a '91 320jg. I still have it too. Just can't seem to part with my first ever Ric. This is the only pic I can find at the moment. I had some toasters and an Accent on for a while but it's back to standard now, aside from the my custom 5 way selector. You can do anything with that switch!

Looking forward to seeing that pic Freddy. I happen to know you have something very special in the way of 320's to show us ;)
tracy
Veteran RRF member

Post by tracy »

Soapbox statement, respectfully submitted, (while we're on the subject): A great number of the 320-325's I see for sale have been 'Lennonized'. What does that tell you? Nobody cares! We need to get back to the idea that every guitar is unique out of the box. Oh sure, it's your guitar, do what you want with it, but don't expect anyone else to appreciate your 'refinements'. I'd like to see some 'unaltered' guitars appear for sale once in a while. Thanks for listening.
Show him the shirts, Adrian.
ratso

Post by ratso »

Tracy, Good Point, I only wish mine were all original! Glad to see your name come up here on the board. I tried to email you a while back but I don't think the address listed in your profile is valid anymore?? Send me your current address. I'm at Roncascisa@comcast.net, Your old friend in Portland, Oregon
glen_l

Post by glen_l »

I managed to find a photo of my 320JG. It's actually a 1990 model. This is how it looks now, aside from the replaced selector switch. I agree with what has been said about originality. I don't believe in doing anything to a Rickenbacker that could not be completely reversed if required. Unless you count melting solder.

The reason '91 came into my head is that '91 was the year Rickenbacker finally ceased production and removed from the pricelists the standard models 310-325 after 33 years.

The re-issue models continue on from strength to strength of course.
hamiltone

Post by hamiltone »

You won't like this then! This is how my 1981 320FG looks now, complete with Bigsby B5, Toasters, black pickguards and TRC.
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

You're right...
“I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

From Fred. I will let him comment.Image
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277

Return to “Rickenbacker Vintage 325 Models: by Glen Lambert”