New RIC Catalog in the works???

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

sir_andrew_of_left_coast
Veteran RRF member

New RIC Catalog in the works???

Post by sir_andrew_of_left_coast »

I noticed on the official RIC site that the Desert Gold 330 has been replaced with a Fireglo 730/12 that looks decidedly like a cover of a catalog.

Is there a new catalog?
Member #03
miked

Post by miked »

Hello Andrew; I asked about the new catalog when I called RIC last Friday. They said it would be available in August. Best to all.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes this will make a great cover won't it.

Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
miked

Post by miked »

That's a good looking guitar, Peter. I don't remember reading any posts about Rick box guitars. There must be somebody playing them? I'm sure the quality is good but I've never seen one, much less been able to play one. Are they ever regularly stocked by dealers, or are they strictly special order? Anyways, take care all.
sir_andrew_of_left_coast
Veteran RRF member

P.S. I should have typed "700/12" -- not 730/12. I keep (incorrectly) associating the larger number with the larger body.
Member #03
leftybass
RRF Consultant

Post by leftybass »

Has anyone seen or played one of the new acoustics in a store?? I have yet to see one for sale and I would really like to play one of the 12-strings..I wonder as a RIC retailer does one have the option of not carrying the acoustic line???
sir_andrew_of_left_coast
Veteran RRF member

I'd venture to guess that most of the acoustics that have been made so far have gone out to fill back orders. There probably aren't very many on display in any showroom.

John Hall can best answer your second question, but I don't think there is a prescribed, model requirement for RIC dealers.
Member #03
voxtalks

Post by voxtalks »

I was at the factory a few weeks ago and I can tell you that the acoustics coming off the line right now are killer. Order and wait, I don't think you'll be let down.

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”