The Suzi Arden Show

Artists Who Use Rickenbackers

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

I've got to echo the others in my amaze of this whole thread. It took quite a while to get through it but fantastic in content. Best wishes and thanks to both Carole and Suzi. I particularly liked the first recent picture of Suzi and hubby where he has stars in his eyes - Suzi, of course!
carole

Post by carole »

John, I had to go back and look for stars in Bob's eyes. By golly, you are right. Great big stars, too.
carole

Post by carole »

Jeffery, I don't know if Suzi knows about the Rickenbacker 75th Anniversary or not. Where will it be? I'll pass it along to her. Hopefully, Bob's knee will be mended by then.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

It is taking place in Santa Ana, California. There are a couple of threads all about it in the "Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences" section at the top of the topics list of the forum. There will be factory tours at Rickenbacker, a confluence where all is welcome to meet and bring instruments to share, and a couple of concert events scheduled.
carole

Post by carole »

Jeffrey, Sorry about spelling your name wrong. I'll see if I can find that subject. Don't know much about maneuvering my way around this site.
leesh
Advanced Member

Post by leesh »

carole

Post by carole »

Hey, Peter, I found this point all by myself. Aren't you proud of me? As I said in my email, please have Don Deal contact me. Suzi wants to talk to him. She said he is a very good singer and was or is a preacher. Also, to give you your requested update on Suzi . . .

She made a 2000 reunion CD with her band: Leon Richardson, Bobby Lee DeWillis (oh, how I love "I Won't Mention It Again"), Jesse Garcia, Lenny Bowman (who has his own studios), and some Nashville people. I loved the CD, but my new car CD player ate it up. Talk about getting livid.

Suzi also recorded a CD with her brother, Roy, a short time before he died. I particularly like their "Green, Green Grass of Home" because it was played at my mother's funeral, when Suzi and her husband, Bob, participated in her eulogy in Pennsylvania.

Other than that, Suzi is doing well, still performs occasionally, and will be working on her Mapleton, North Carolina, Ole Time Country Music Festival on June 15 and 16, 2007. Come and join us.

Before that, I am hoping she and Bob will be able to come to California while I have my knees replaced. God has blessed me with their friendship and their love will certainly help me heal quicker.

Happy New Year to all of you.
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Happy New Year, Carole!
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks Carole. I am not surprised that you were able to find this link. thanks for the update and all the best in 2007.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
carole

Post by carole »

To Gary and Peter, back at you.

By the way, Peter, I felt like I was reading Suzi's mail (and I was). Don Deal sent her such a nice letter to my email address. So I read it to Suzi over the phone and forwarded a copy to her. How nice that your website brought two old friends back together again.

Are there any more out there?
loverickbass
Veteran RRF member

Post by loverickbass »

Carole, does Suzi have a fan mailing address? I sure would love to have an autograph on a pickguard!

Cole
carole

Post by carole »

Hi Cole,

I asked her about a fan mail address. She really didn't know how to go about that and didn't know why she would need one. I told her all she'd have to do is get a post office box (I guess). Isn't a pickguard part of your guitar? How would that be done? I'm not a musician so am completely dumb about the subject.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

The pickguard can be easily removed, is flat, and about the size of a human hand (fingers splayed). I would be interested in this too.
carole

Post by carole »

I'm sorry . . . don't understand. You would be interested in what too?
carole

Post by carole »

Sorry, Jason. I didn't realize you weren't Cole.

Return to “Rickenbacker Artists”