What Colour is Mitch Easter's 381?

Artists Who Use Rickenbackers

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

admin
Site Admin

What Colour is Mitch Easter's 381?

Post by admin »

Ok please tell me the colour of Mitch Easter's 381 under the stage lights.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
markthemd
Veteran RRF member

Post by markthemd »

How about Fender daphne blue

It looks like someone refinished it for him.

I doubt that Rick did this color.JH ....your turn.
So you too want yours "ALAPWOB"?!?!

Post by 6025 »

It looks like his sea green underneath a pink light, which might explain the blue-like hue.

Post by 6025 »

You know, I went to Mitch Easter's website and looked at some more pictures, and I have to say it looks a little like powder blue. Perhaps this is Rickenbacker's next limited edition color?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I believe that this is a custom job, however, stage lighting can make a trememdous difference in the apparent finish. Having said this I can't see how this could be Sea Foam green?
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Mike Parks has confirmed that this is Mitch Easter's Sea Green 381. Another mystery solved.

fatrat

Post by fatrat »

I got to see Lets active live at a small club in Chattanooga Tn in 1989 or 90 and it was one of the best shows Ive seen, it was real loud and the band was great, Easter played a 360-12 and a G&l leo fender tele style guitar and the bass player had a azureglo/with batman sticker, Rick 4001 bass he played it through an old Orange halfstack...the Girl in the band who wrote and played guitar and sang on a couple of songs, had a weird teardrop acoustic and a Rick 320...
I Had a Rick 320 at the time and I was 21,i didnt anything about a 320 and not much info was available back then, so I was always trying to find out what strings to put on it and anytime I met someone that had one I would ask what they used, I met the John Lennon guy in a Beatles Mahony Brothers tribute band and bugged him at every performance till he told me what he used also, like it was some secret, i think he really though he was Lennon or something, he had such an additude... so anyway back to Lets Active story.... I was walking out about 20 minutes after the band had played , everyone cleared out and a friend of mine was outside and we talked for awhile, then Mitch Easter comes walking past slowly and I could tell he was wanting us to ask about him or tell him he is was great or talk to him about his hair that was ten stories tall, I always thought he was trying to look like he was in Jimi hendrix's band or something, the poor guy had produced a bands REM for one and what turned out to be the last Lets Active LP Every dog has his day, had been released about a year earlier and didnt sell, (I worked in a Record Bar {a mall record store chain if you dont know} at the time, so I know it went cutout and sold for 3.00)
but anyway, he walks by us looking like, Hey dont you want my signature on your forehead???? but I asked him what kind of strings the girl used on the 320, he looked really funny, like hey thats the wrong question, ask about me, but I was asking him a tech question instead of saying your the greatest, i love you...Im your biggest fan....he told me 12s or that he didnt know, I cant remember, its been so long ago...he walked off like I had just pulled the rug out....we thought it was really funny as hell at the time....but we should have told him it was a kick *** show, but we were cocky young musicians....I was in a powerpop band at the time, so I thought I was above all that fan stuff with someone like Lets Active they were seen as a local type band around here, that were on a big label IRS and unless it was George Harrison, I didnt get too nutty over light weight just 100 miles out of town stars, I ran into the Web Wilder Guys all the time, I bought Web's 70 Hiwatt amp, big whoop...Jason and the Scorchers played here all the time and still do...does anyone remember those guys....I did meet Roger McGuinn he was in town playing our River Bend hootnanny and he came by our one and only guitar show in chattanooga, Tn and I had a booth selling off all my junk and he stoped to look and play a guitar in my booth.... it took everything in my power not to turn to goo, but I played it real cool, I didnt ask for his autograph, I think he stayed to talk to me longer (10 minutes) because of that, he only stayed for 15 minutes, so I feel like I was very lucky.... Ill post the story sometime in the Byrds forum....
FATRAT

Return to “Rickenbacker Artists”