Pete Best on Tour

The history and music of the Fab Four
admin
Site Admin

Pete Best on Tour

Post by admin »

Tonight I had the most fun at a concert held in Fredericton, N.B. by the Bealtes' first drummer, Pete Best. The concert was most interesting and consisted of Pete Best on drums (Premier) and three other performers: Kevin MacMichael of "Cutting Crew" on lead (Stratocaster), Floyd King on Rhythm (Charvel) and Paul Eisen on bass (Fender Precision). The group did many early Beatle numbers with knock out lead guitar and drums and drop dead gorgeous harmonies that on "Ask Me Why" rivaled the Fab Four themselves.
Below is a photo of Pete Best under the spotlight.
There was also a portion of the evening devoted to a question and answer period with Pete fielding many questions from the audience.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
terry
Veteran RRF member

Post by terry »

Hey, not bad for a coupla old geezers over the half-century mark! Why, I bet there's hardly over a hundred years or so between the two!
("When I get older, losing my hair....") ;]

Just kiddin', Peter. You know you're never too old to be young. Glad you guys had a blast. And I'm sure a splendid time was guaranteed for all. J

(That's actually a good picture of you, Peter -- maybe even better than the one currently on your Rickenbacker Friends page.)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Well there is a 110 years between us Terry but thanks for your kind comments. If you have some time on your hands, you can check out the fun at the "Best of The Beatles' Tour"
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
terry
Veteran RRF member

Post by terry »

I think your site tracker may show that I was there checking it out this morning, as a matter of fact. Killer photos, and a spot-on review of what was clearly a special event for you. And, of course, anyone who knows you can sense the ubiquitous Lieutenant ever snooping for any elusive tidbits or overlooked clues regarding the Lennon Ricks (and other Fab gear) during your investigative conversation with Mr. Best!

(Tell me you didn't say "Oh, one more thing" to Pete just before you parted ways -- I bet you thought of something you wished you'd asked him right after you got home!)

Anyway, you know you're still a long ways away from 64, so I wouldn't worry about that too much. As long as you still have a few vices, you know you're doin' alright!

Quote:AGE n. That period of life in which we compound for the vices that we still cherish by reviling those that we have no longer the enterprise to commit.

The Devil's Dictionary, Ambrose Bierce
Tom_Cardinal

Post by Tom_Cardinal »

Does Pete Best intend on touring in the US, especially the New York Area? Or am I too late?
Tom_Cardinal

Post by Tom_Cardinal »

This is a great site! I have been a fan of Pete Best for many years. Does he have an e-mail address? It's great to see that he is finally getting his share of the recognition that is due him. It appears that this Canadian gig was a big success for him. Keep up the good work!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Tom: When I spoke to Pete Best's crew in September 2000 they indicated that there would be an Eastern US tour covering selected cities in the weeks leading up to Christmas 2000. I hope this is still the case and you get the chance to see them.

Return to “Beatles' Forum”