Let's talk guitar amplfiers

Moderator: jingle_jangle

admin
Site Admin

New Vox Publication

Post by admin »

Does anyone know anything about it?

The JMI Years

I know nothing of this publisher. Anyone else?
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
bitzerguy
RRF Consultant

Re: New Vox Publication

Post by bitzerguy »

The author is Jim Elyea. He is a fairly regular contributor at the VoxTalks forum. He supplies vintage gear and backlines to Hollywood through his company History for Hire, the publisher of this volume. I think he was responsible for the VOX NAMM display in 2006 or 2007 (the vintage workshop). He is very, very knowledgable about VOX amps and owns more than a few if I recall correctly. I was following early threads over there about this book a while ago when he first mentioned he was working on the project. He co-wrote "Recording the Beatles" and authored "The Beatles Equipment Guide" as well. Two of the most classic Beatles books I have ever seen.

It's good to see he has brought this to fruition.
...Dean
Never, ever drool on your surf shirt. It wrecks the solo.

660/12FG, 350V63/6FG, 620/6JG, 360WB/6DBG, Dingwall C1 #001, Prestige Heritage Elite FM
Scastles

Post by Scastles »

bitzerguy wrote:The author is Jim Elyea. He co-wrote "Recording the Beatles" and authored "The Beatles Equipment Guide" as well. Two of the most classic Beatles books I have ever seen.

It's good to see he has brought this to fruition.

"Recording the Beatles" was co- written by Brian Kehew and Kevin Ryan. Elyea contributed to it though.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks everyone. There was more about the author on the site. I was a bit surprised in the beginning that his name was not on the home page. Without a doubt, he seems to have done his homework.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
soundmasterg
RRF Consultant

Post by soundmasterg »

Really looking forward to this book coming out.

Greg

Return to “Greg's Amplifier and Tube Tech Forum: by Greg Simon”