Politics, Third Party Critiques and Language

Rules, posting instructions and the latest news.
admin
Site Admin

Politics, Third Party Critiques and Language

Post by admin »

While some may argue that this title describes a great weekend, may I please take this opportunity to remind posters that Politics, Sex, Religion, Third Party Critiques and Profane Language violate the rules of the RickResource Forum. If you see your post has been removed it is a safe bet that it has crossed the line in one or more of these areas.

Please remember that while it may be a lark for some to critique others, those who are on the admin side of things here get to deal with the incoming messages from a wide range of sources. Please think twice before you post.

While we are on the subject, a few words with regard to linking to sites outside of the RRF is in order. There should be no links to blogs as these sites are often not monitored for content. Posters who wish to share content can cut and paste in a manner that complies with the RRF rules.

Links to other chat forums such as the official Rickenbacker forum, Beatgear Cavern, Talk Bass and so forth are not allowed. There have been occasions in the past in which disagreements on other forums have been continued on this forum. This has not served anyone well has the appearance that the comments are endorsed by the RRF. If you have a disagreement with persons on another forum please make you comments to them on those forums.

Links to music forums where artists share their work, newsfeeds, myspace, youtube, ebay etc. are permitted but we expect the party posting such a link to be fully responsible in vetting the content such that it complies with RRF rules.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Re: Politics, Third Party Critiques and Language

Post by rickenbrother »

Thank you, Peter!
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

rickenbrother wrote:Thank you, Peter!
+1
All I wanna do is rock!
Tarrbot
Intermediate Member

Post by Tarrbot »

Just so we're clear.

What is a "third party critique"? I've never heard of this term/phrase.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Scott: I apologize. I could have been clearer. I am referring to making comments or criticizing the actions of others who have not responded here rather than going to the source directly. No one wants to hear that they are being talked about in an unflattering manner on a Forum in which they are not a participant.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
wayang

Post by wayang »

Uh oh...no more Neil Sedaka bashing from me...until he joins the Forum, of course...
I didn't get where I am today by being on time...
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

kiramdear wrote:
rickenbrother wrote:Thank you, Peter!
+1
+2 :D
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
rickinroma
RRF Consultant

Post by rickinroma »

very good :)
collin

Post by collin »

Ah---so THAT is what happened to my thread.

I can see why that wouldn't be accepted....so no worries.

Thanks as always, Peter. :wink:
bottom4
Veteran RRF member

Post by bottom4 »

admin wrote: Links to other chat forums such as the official Rickenbacker forum, Beatgear Cavern, Talk Bass and so forth are not allowed.
wow, after 7 years here I didn't know that! :oops: Good to know, Peter!

Cheers!
dr_bob
RRF Consultant

Post by dr_bob »

Peter, some of the reasons why I enjoy reading and posting on this Forum are the clear, ethical, and humane guidelines you have set forth. Because of these guidelines, however, a few people (obviously not any of the previous contributors to this thread) may think that this Forum is unduly restrictive. To the contrary, I believe that your guidelines and timely references to those guidelines are exactly what makes the RRF an engaging community. My thanks as well.
The world is made of stories not atoms and every guitar has a story.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks Bob. It is timely once again to remind posters that discussing capitalism, communism and so forth while intriguing is against the RRF rules. Such topics invariably go south. These posts will be removed so there is little point in expending energy in this manner in the first place.

jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

admin wrote: Such topics invariably go south.
I think some of them end up going North as well... :mrgreen:
wayang

Post by wayang »

As my boss on the ice used to say, "All of my problems go north"...

So words with an "ism" at the end are off limits...I'll get the hang of this someday. The Forum rules are like Music Theory...the more you understand, the better you sound...

"Could I get some more cordiality in my monitor?"
I didn't get where I am today by being on time...
electrofaro

Post by electrofaro »

I think the forum rules make this forum pleasant to frequent... if only I knew where to find the rules... the link's hidden well or nonexistent? :P
'67 Fender Coronado II CAB * '17 1963 ES-335 PB * currently rickless

Return to “Rules and Questions for Admin ONLY”