What might have been

Answers to your questions about The Searchers
royclough
RRF Consultant

What might have been

Post by royclough »

As most will know Searchers were originallt a backing band for Johnny Sandon, he left to join up with The Remo Four as he thought he had a better chance of success with them, he was wrong.

Years later he sadly took his own life.

Here's one of Johnny's releases with the Remo Four.

admin
Site Admin

Re: What might have been

Post by admin »

Marvellous. I absolutely love this tune. Short, snappy, vibrant, fresh and twangy with the requisite amount nice harmonies for the day. I do not fault Johnny for thinking he could have made it with Remo Four especially after hearing this track. Thanks for this gem, Roy. Also, watching the record spin took me back. :)
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
dbailey62
Veteran RRF member

Post by dbailey62 »

admin wrote:Marvellous. I absolutely love this tune. Short, snappy, vibrant, fresh and twangy with the requisite amount nice harmonies for the day. I do not fault Johnny for thinking he could have made it with Remo Four especially after hearing this track. Thanks for this gem, Roy. Also, watching the record spin took me back. :)
Ya, this is a great record. It leaps out of the grooves doesn't it.
JeffZ

Post by JeffZ »

Great track, it sounds like the Searchers themselves could have covered this with the harmony and the gritty lead guitar part. I could very easily hear Tony Jackson singing this. I also think the Remo Four were a very underrated band. I have their version of "Sing Hallelujah" on a compilation album and it has killer organ and vocals, and their version of "Peter Gunn" has to be heard to be belived... :D Evidently George Harrison liked them too because they appear on his "Wonderwall Music" LP.

Return to “Searchers' Forum: by Roy Clough”