Byrds Collective show - Saturday, 4/14/2012

Those who flock to The Byrds
beatbyrd
Intermediate Member

Post by beatbyrd »

Northern California, Bay area
Over 2 hours of Byrds music, with a multimedia show.
See the whole story in the "My Gigs" subforum.
It's a Byrd, it's a playin'..........

'73 4001 MG
'09 360/12 FG
'10 360/6 FG
paologregorio

Re: Byrds Collective show - Saturday, 4/14/2012

Post by paologregorio »

Nor Cal peeps, rouse yourselves and go! You'll love it! :D 8)
There is no reason to ever be bored.

...why yes, I suppose I do have a double bound guitar fetish...

"Uh, I like the double bounds. . . ."
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

For all you BC fans, I thought I would share this You Tube posting from their recent Northern Calif show from Antioch : :)

pehayes2

Post by pehayes2 »

I need to put this clip into context. We were asked (because the venue had several calls asking) if recording and pictures were OK. We told them to tell the audience 'Click Away'

This particular clip was taken by a fan sitting in the first section of the theater. The video quality was not that great because of the lighting and the audio was taken right off the camera. I had edited these for the guys to see but I think this one slipped out.

We have absolutely no problem with sharing it. I think it demonstrates, that we sound really great live (use your imagination) and the audience reaction was very favorable. We got two standing ovations and this was the encore.

I have all the other songs from the show locked away, but if anyone would like to see a particular video (some are better quality than others) I'd be happy to make them public.

I was afraid of releasing these because of the overall quality.

Rich, thank you for linking this, as always, you are a great friend to us.
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Pat, you guys always sound good --- even when its an audience hand-held camcorder video !! :)
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

8mileshigher wrote:Pat, you guys always sound good --- even when its an audience hand-held camcorder video !! :)
+1!
JimK
bowser2533

Post by bowser2533 »

You guys sound great. Where is the band from?. I been, playing pedal steel for 43 yrs now. To bad your not from the pgh area, i know the whole sweethart of the rodeo album and all the Mcguinn 12 string parts off all there albums. Also what kind of strings are you using on your 370? Gary
pehayes2

Post by pehayes2 »

bowser2533 wrote:You guys sound great. Where is the band from?. I been, playing pedal steel for 43 yrs now. To bad your not from the pgh area, i know the whole sweethart of the rodeo album and all the Mcguinn 12 string parts off all there albums. Also what kind of strings are you using on your 370? Gary

Thanks Gary for the nice words. I emailed Mark (the Mcguinn of the group) and he replied with:

I'm using a custom set of Thomastik strings, flat wounds, Put together by Pick Of The Ricks, they're back east. Really good and friendly guy ( he's the owner, I think his name is Rick).

I know that Dave (the Croz) uses Pyramids Flat wounds on his Rick.

I hope that answers any questions you have. If not, just PM me and I'll get right back to you.

Pat
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

pehayes2 wrote:Thanks Gary for the nice words. I emailed Mark (the Mcguinn of the group) and he replied with:

I'm using a custom set of Thomastik strings, flat wounds, Put together by Pick Of The Ricks, they're back east. Really good and friendly guy ( he's the owner, I think his name is Rick).
Hey, Pat, Tell Mark I said Hi and that the owner's name is Chris Clayton.
pehayes2

Post by pehayes2 »

Hey Jake I'll remind Mark that The Pick Of The Ricks owner is Chris Clayton. ( I don't know how I over looked that when I pasted his response. Chris is a great guy and has a first rate operation).

I'll pass your hello on to Mark. Stay well. I hope your job is going well.

Return to “Byrds' Forum: by James Krause”