Tony Cabibe to the front desk, please!

Off Topic discussion forum

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

jps
RRF Consultant

Tony Cabibe to the front desk, please!

Post by jps »

Mr. Cabibe, if you had to decide between these two sinks for your new kitchen which one would you choose and why. :wink:

http://www.porcher-us.com/products/prod ... px?id=5550

http://www.blancoamerica.com/c3/blanco_ ... 6377546775

Here is the faucet that will go above it. Keep in mind that the countertops will be soapstone.

BTW, the kitchen will have this overall sort of look to it. :wink:
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Re: Tony Cabibe to the front desk, please!

Post by ajish4 »

Nice Jeff!

Of course, the Mrs is already been shopping for counter tops for the past year. All the appliances were already replaced a few years back. She
is getting me (like the old Johnny Cash song) "One piece at a time".

I keep telling I want to sell and get a smaller house, so, for now anyway....kitchen plans are on hold! :twisted: :roll: :wink: :wink:
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Thanks, but.....you still didn't tell me which sink you prefer! :lol:
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

jps wrote:Thanks, but.....you still didn't tell me which sink you prefer! :lol:
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=p ... B600%3B450

This is more our speed!!! :mrgreen:
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

I liked the 2nd one. We remodelled our kitchen a few years ago,went with Dark hi-gloss gray IKEA italian cabinets,Jerusalem limestome countertops,and a stainless steel farmhouse sink. We were looking hard at the soapstone countertops tho,but then we found a smokin deal on the limestone.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

ajish4 wrote:
jps wrote:Thanks, but.....you still didn't tell me which sink you prefer! :lol:
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=p ... B600%3B450

This is more our speed!!! :mrgreen:
Shaws? You have more money to spend than I thought!

http://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/ajmadison/RC3719.html

We looked at a couple of Shaws but the bowls are too shallow front to back,and we prefer single bowl to double bowl, given the size of some of Shari's cookware. :shock:
Last edited by jps on Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

woodyng wrote:We remodelled our kitchen a few years ago,went with...Jerusalem limestome countertops... We were looking hard at the soapstone countertops tho,but then we found a smokin deal on the limestone.
Did the limestone come out from under a certain wall there? :mrgreen:
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

Ah Jeff, I'm REALLY hoping I can talk the Mrs. into a smaller place. So long as it has a killer kitchen, I may have a shot. :twisted:

With my son basically out of the house for the next 2 years finishing up Med School, and my daughter hoping to relocate to a place of her soon, it just makes sense. I just have the feeling I'm going to have to stay in my current home for another 2 or 3 years, but I'm starting to plant the seeds with Janey.

We don't need a 3000 SQ FT house for two people. We almost never use the pool anymore either, and I'd rather have the extra coin in my pocket for some fun!
This month, we have THREE sets of out of town company coming to visit with us. IF I have a smaller place, I got a feeling we won't have so much entertaining to do! :wink: :lol:
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Gonna move up north a bit? I bet the alligators love the pool.
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

LOL,

IF you consider Orlando "north", I guess you could say that. ;)
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

ajish4 wrote:IF you consider Orlando "north", I guess you could say that. ;)
Ooh, you'll be right near Bass Central; great, Janey will absolutely love that. They have a very nice selection of Alembics, you know, right? :twisted:
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

jps wrote:
ajish4 wrote:IF you consider Orlando "north", I guess you could say that. ;)
Ooh, you'll be right near Bass Central; great, Janey will absolutely love that. They have a very nice selection of Alembics, you know, right? :twisted:
:)
Hmm, I wasn't aware of that little fact Jeff! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

But SHE wants to be closer to Disney, so I think it's a fair compromise! :lol: :lol:
johnhall
RIC

Post by johnhall »

woodyng wrote:We were looking hard at the soapstone countertops tho,but then we found a smokin deal on the limestone.
Careful there with the limestone! I have it on all the kitchen and bathroom counters, splashes, shower, and Japanese tub surrounds. It sure is pretty- but what a nightmare for maintenance. This will give you a sense of how much there is!

http://tinyurl.com/btb5e6r

The food prep, buffet and eating counters take the brunt of it and it didn't take long to figure out that you don't serve margaritas- or any other citrus drinks on these. I had then rehoned several times.

Short of ripping them out and going with granite- which WAS my original choice- I did find a solution that's worked quite well- sealing it. Unfortunately, sealers offered for the purpose just don't last but in desperation, I tried a nice coat of plain old Mop & Glow. This looks great, holds up literally for years and is really easy to restrip and redo. It added a slight tinge of yellow but that made the stone look warmer anyway. This shot shows you the final result:

http://tinyurl.com/c69a5uv
scotty

Post by scotty »

Limestone and soapstone are a Decorators nightmare.Id stay well away from these surfaces in Kitchen and Bathroom working surfaces .Limestones nice on flat vertical walls but on floors and counters its a nightmare to clean.Look into Corian for an alternative its a great product that can be formed into any shape you like.
johnhall
RIC

Post by johnhall »

scotty wrote:Look into Corian for an alternative its a great product that can be formed into any shape you like.
Absolute yuck. Corian is the cheapest mobile-home looking stuff you can get. Perfect for a Holiday Inn bathroom, however. Also pretty good for industrial tooling and fixturing.

There are some gorgeous manufactured materials such as quartzite and I'd at least meet you halfway on that. Still, if I had it to do over, I'd get granite. Ben, fortunately, took my advice and that's what he's installed in his new house.

Return to “The Others: by CJ Johansson”