Janglebox

Those who flock to The Byrds
kvalois

Janglebox

Post by kvalois »

Hi:

I am starting a second new topic today! I hope that Steve reads this and edifies us!!!!

I bought another Janglebox, the Byrds LE, and it is fabulous. But, whenever I plug it into a PA system-- rather than an amp-- lately there is hardly any sound coming out. I have a nice Mackie powered mixer and speakers.

Has anyone else tried to use the Janglebox with just a PA system? :D
janglebox

Re: Janglebox

Post by janglebox »

kvalois wrote:Hi:

I am starting a second new topic today! I hope that Steve reads this and edifies us!!!!

I bought another Janglebox, the Byrds LE, and it is fabulous. But, whenever I plug it into a PA system-- rather than an amp-- lately there is hardly any sound coming out. I have a nice Mackie powered mixer and speakers.

Karl, unfortunately, this is a first for me so I can't offer any insight. We've received very high marks from customers who've told us how clean their JBs sound when going through a PA. This goes for guys playing acoustic 12-strings as well. Don't have a clue what the problem could be.
beatbyrd
Intermediate Member

Post by beatbyrd »

janglebox wrote:
kvalois wrote:Hi:

Karl, unfortunately, this is a first for me so I can't offer any insight. We've received very high marks from customers who've told us how clean their JBs sound when going through a PA. This goes for guys playing acoustic 12-strings as well. Don't have a clue what the problem could be.
The only thing I can think of is a possible impedance mis-match. Check that the inputs on the Mackie are high impedance.
It's a Byrd, it's a playin'..........

'73 4001 MG
'09 360/12 FG
'10 360/6 FG
Medicus1963

Post by Medicus1963 »

Hi Karl,

Yes, you have to use either an Hi-Z (Impedance) input or a DI Box for that purpose !

Peter
All you need is love and a rick !
kvalois

Post by kvalois »

Thanks, everyone, for the advice!

Steve: My previous Jangleboxes were louder than my current Byrds Le. Again, I played it through my Mackie PA system and I was shocked how low the volume was. And, of course, the Byrds Le plays BEAUTIFULLY with my VOX and Fender amps.

When I get a chance, I will experiment with a HI-Z input and a DI box :D
janglebox

Post by janglebox »

kvalois wrote:Thanks, everyone, for the advice!

Steve: My previous Jangleboxes were louder than my current Byrds Le. Again, I played it through my Mackie PA system and I was shocked how low the volume was. And, of course, the Byrds Le plays BEAUTIFULLY with my VOX and Fender amps.
Karl, the basic PCB components in all JangleBox compressors, including the IC chip, are identical.
david/wales/u.k

Post by david/wales/u.k »

Glad I've read this because my JB1 is also plugged into a mixer with Mackie powered speakers and I've thought the same as Karl...it doesn't sound as powerful as when plugged into my amp whereas my boss effects tend to be fine, so I'll try this. Thanks.....or maybe still just mic the amp instead 8)

Return to “Byrds' Forum: by James Krause”