Early Christmas -- New Rickenbacker!!!

Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Tommy
Intermediate Member

Early Christmas -- New Rickenbacker!!!

Post by Tommy »

Whoa, Ole Saint Ric is way off with his Christmas schedule. Look what came down my chimney today:

That's some big box. I needed a new Rickenbacker polishing cloth. I didn't know that little cloth comes packed in a box the size of a refrigerator.
Will open the box later. Hope it is not one, but a few polishing cloths.
s4001

Re: Early Christmas -- New Rickenbacker!!!

Post by s4001 »

Oh great. Another striptease act. :wink:
Tommy
Intermediate Member

Post by Tommy »

Darn it! Only one polishing cloth in that box!

But it came with......

...a new 325c64 Miami!!!!!!!

So I finally got the guitar I said I would never own. My dream guitar.

Also the final guitar I will be buying. It's a good way to end my guitar collection. The Beatles were the reason I play guitar, and John is the reason I love guitar. I only play rhythm and what better guitar to play rhythm on than the short scale 325 that John killed on.

Folks, that's it. My guitar buying days are finally over. I ended them with a bang.
I GOT A RICKENBACKER 325!!!!!!!!!!!

And here's my new 325 with my 330 and 360/12.
Thanks, Rickenbacker. You done good with these models. What a set.

s4001

Post by s4001 »

Very nice!
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

Isn't nice when the dream becomes a reality? Felt that way when I got my '86 1997 8)

Since you have straps and cables that match the guitars, will you be getting one of these to go with that new 325?:
Tommy
Intermediate Member

Post by Tommy »

JakeK wrote:Since you have straps and cables that match the guitars, will you be getting one of these to go with that new 325?:
:D

Yeah, I am a stickler for matching all accessories by color.

Already have the black VOX coil cable, black picks, black string winder, and (thank God) a black amp. But I do need a black capo and black Rickenbacker spaghetti strap. Will be putting that stuff on my Christmas list.

That super-heavy Python strap I hear acts like a wrecking ball on the guitar. I'm instead going with the above vintage Ric strap.
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

A black spaghetti strap is what Lennon used on the 325 before the Python
Attachments
rickenbacker325_1964-1.jpg
Last edited by JakeK on Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redamber

Post by redamber »

Tommy wrote:
...a new 325c64 Miami!!!!!!! So I finally got the guitar I said I would never own. My dream guitar.

Also the final guitar I will be buying. It's a good way to end my guitar collection. The Beatles were the reason I play guitar, and John is the reason I love guitar. I only play rhythm and what better guitar to play rhythm on than the short scale 325 that John killed on.

Folks, that's it. My guitar buying days are finally over. I ended them with a bang. I GOT A RICKENBACKER 325
Congratulations, Tommy - a great addition to your collection. I have a feeling that this model will be discontinued in the not too distant future, so look after it! But, are your guitar buying days really over? - I wonder how many of us have said that in the past!
Santa visits only once a year, but Santa Ana delivers Rics all year round.
Tommy
Intermediate Member

Post by Tommy »

redamber wrote: 1. I have a feeling that this model will be discontinued in the not too distant future, so look after it!

2. But, are your guitar buying days really over? - I wonder how many of us have said that in the past!
1. You think? I know Ric discontinued the standard 325 and the '58, but don't you think that Ric must always have a 325 in their lineup? No more 325 to buy from Ric? It would be like Fender cutting out a Stratocaster.

2. My guitar buying days have to be over. I have a good number (15) of top guitars...and I only play rhythm! Cowboy chords!

:lol:
Tommy
Intermediate Member

Post by Tommy »

JakeK wrote:A black spaghetti strap is what Lennon used on the 325 before the Python
Whew! I sure didn't want that Python. Expensive as heck and more damaging to guitars than Pete Townshend.
deaconblues
RRF Consultant

Post by deaconblues »

Welcome to the 325 club. 8)

As far as discontinuation goes, I don't know that I'd be surprised if it happened but I'd sure be disappointed.

BTW the Python, though expensive, is super, super cool looking strapped to one of these things.
pop mccartney

Post by pop mccartney »

Congrats on your purchase.

Great guitar, great Ric collection.

Btw, where do you buy these Rick stripes?

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”