Home Studio Rigs

Off Topic discussion forum

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

bear

Home Studio Rigs

Post by bear »

Just out of curiosity how many other forum members have themselves set up with home recording gear. I had to order another open rack, heat factor was to high to get everything one on top of the other, but here is my first set of outboard gear running from the Presonus Firestation to a Voodoo P4 3.0 HT running Steinberg Wave Lab.

doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

I'm strictly a hobbyist, so my set-up is simple:

It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
bear

Post by bear »

Sweet, is that a pair of Event BAS 20/20's I spy?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dr. Who: What's that glow coming from the Carl Wilson model? It looks like a burnt out circuit in the TARDIS to me.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Steve, right you are! They are the passive version; I'm using a Sampson power amp to drive them.

Peter: that is the rare poster of CW playing a 331LS that shorted out just when the picture was taken ... the short was probably caused by the appearance of the UFO seen in the upper right corner of the frame! Image
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
loendmaestro
Intermediate Member

Post by loendmaestro »

Steve, how's that Echoplex? I'm a HUGE, HUGE Tommy Bolin fan (in fact I'm going the the Tommy Bolin festival in Iowa - Glenn Hughes will be there!).
Anyway, Tommy used the caveman version of the Echoplex, I was wondering how the new ones were.

Nice Morley wah too...I have the Morley bass wah - drives guitar players crazy!
bear

Post by bear »

Hi Chris,

That Echoplex Digital Pro is really that cat's whiskers. I can sit in with the jam bands and lay down a bass line, play chords with sound on sound, and then sit back and let the loop roll whilst joining in the jam session with upper register licks.
Think of it and you can do it, from multiple loops to ambient loops that regenerate forever.
All in all one of the cleanest most fun toys I ever bought.
The Morley is actual the L'il Alligator, made when Steve Vai wanted a replacement for his Visual Sound volume pedal, no longer in production, it uses an optical volume pot and has a knob for pre-setting the on/off volume set point. I use the Wah from the Bass Pod Pro XT, at the top of the rack, for now but may someday get a real Wah pedal.

Gary: Event 20/20 passives here as well, running them with the ART SLA-1 power amp. Steinberg Wavelab 4.0 as the software package with several soft synth toys loaded up.
loendmaestro
Intermediate Member

Post by loendmaestro »

Yeah, those optical volume pots on the Morleys are great. No more Crybaby 'pop' if ya know what I mean...

Return to “The Others: by CJ Johansson”