The "C" and "V" series

Modern years of Rickenbacker Guitars from 1984 to the present

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Maur

The "C" and "V" series

Post by Maur »

Just outta curiosity, but isn't the only difference between the 325V63 and the 325C64 the tuners? I was just checking out their specs at http://www.rickenbacker.com and I couldn't help but notice. Why are they charging $1000 more for different tuners? I can understand the 325C58. That guitar is so much better than its predecesser, what with the alder and vibrato and all. But the 325V63 and C64? Can someone clear things up with me?
me

Post by me »

After reading many posts on various sites about this one, I can say that the 325v63 and 325c64 are completely different guitars. More accurate hardware including a roller-bridge and correct pick-ups along with a completely reshaped body, neck, etc... It is an exact replica of a vintage 64 325, which the 325v63 is not.
rick12dr
Veteran RRF member

Post by rick12dr »

If you were to take a v63 and a c64, and trace the headstocks, body, and pickguards, you'd understand the differences,,,,
rickplayer

Post by rickplayer »

I am trying to figure out the difference between the 36012v64 and the 36012c63. Color? Square heel?
I thought the V64 was similar to what Harrison played.
another_op

Post by another_op »

...so what's the difference between the c64 and the 325JL?

They claimed the 325JL was exact too- using the same machinery & closely verifying every detail with another '64.
jeff
Veteran RRF member

Post by jeff »

I think they just want us keep buying, buying, buying (tongue firmly planted in cheek)!
me

Post by me »

If you read the release from the factory you can see what they claimed http://www.rickenbacker.com/us/lennonle.htm

Only the headstock, name plate and pick guard are a match, the rest is basic V series reissue hardware. Also I don't recall Lennon using a 355 or 355/12, so what you get is what you get when buying a signature Lennon Ric. Appartently nobody minded at the time when they sold all 2000 of them. They were certainly closer than the V series 325 with giant headstock that it came with
http://www.rickenbacker.com/us/325v63.htm
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There has been a resurgence of interest in the vintage Rickenbacker 325 and 360/12 models, among others, over the past decade or so. Consequently, there has been an increased focus on the smallest of details with regard to these instruments. They are all good players but there is presently a high demand for instruments "made the old way" by the "Boomers." RIC has oblidged by taking us back to yesteryear and conducted quite a bit of research to make sure that "things are right." While nothing is perfect, it is nice to know that the "C" series is available for those who have the interest and resources.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
me_again

Post by me_again »

The 360c64 kills the 360v64 in every way, just look at it. The 360v64 has the wrong pick guard, name plate, tail piece, bridge, headstock/body shape, spray pattern, headstock hardware, etc. when comparing it with Harrison's. The 360c63 is a close as it gets.
carr

Post by carr »

""The 360c64 kills the 360v64 in every way, just look at it. The 360v64 has the wrong pick guard, name plate, tail piece, bridge, headstock/body shape, spray pattern, headstock hardware, etc. when comparing it with Harrison's. The 360c63 is a close as it gets.""

It was Harrison Lennon and Townsend that got me interested in Ricks and when I first looked for a rick that was what I wanted. I got sent a 360 with the contoured edges and for a while hated it but now I love it and the old look kinda leaves me cold. Different strokes....

John
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

John: Good point. This is what RIC has to balance. Crafting a guitar that looks like 1964 for some, while at the same time keeping the newer look that has evolved since then. "Ah but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now."
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
Guille72

Post by Guille72 »

I think that de 325V63 and the 325C64 are the same, the real changes were made in Hamburg 325.
Due to they made a new 325V58, they have to promote an all complete line of 325, 360/12 and 4001 (this is businesses guys). It is an excellent move, that let us see the company luckily is alive. I love Rics, the best guitars that ever made, I´m the owner of a 325V63 jetglo and love it, this new "C" line is welcome, "THE PRICE" too high !!!
jeff
Veteran RRF member

Post by jeff »

There are differences between the 325V63 and the new 325C64, but they seem marginal at best. I just hope that the photos we all saw of the prototype models from NAMM are truly representative of what we will be actually getting. Case in point being; I remember when the photo of the 325/12V63 that came out in '99 was posted on RIC's website clearly showed that the nameplate was cut in a more rounded 'experimental' style just like Lennon's was. Yet when I saw a few finally at one of last year's Guitar Shows it was clearly a regular standard (pointed at the end) nameplate. Forgive me if this was something already covered on the forum once before, but I wonder what the explanation on that was?
Guille72

Post by Guille72 »

I wonder, being on stage playing a 325, which is the difference between a "V" or "C" series?. Some changes in their look, that probably can´t see at first sight.
eddied
Veteran RRF member

Post by eddied »

What is the latest word on the first batch of C series going out? Also, let's try to get a the best prices available to everybody. $3000 list prices are scary for us who can't live without at least one of these. So far Mike Parks has offered the best price for the 4001C64. What are some of the prices being offered out there?
Rick bass fanatic. I own and play several professionally. I have a passion for the S models.

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: Modern Years - After 1983”