Timeless Flight Flown?

Those who flock to The Byrds
rick12dr
Veteran RRF member

Post by rick12dr »

Dammit, Tomcat, I'm a Plastic fabricator, Not a
diplomat! I'm not Mc Coy, I'm Jean Luc Pickguard.
And Yes, my 1st ed. of Rogans book Is signed by all 5 originals, plus Battin, York, Parsons[Gene],
Rick Roberts, Sneaky Pete Kleinow, J.D.Maness,
Herb Pedersen and John Jorgenson.
My meeting w/ Hillman in '88 when he signed it
was kind of funny; he was signing stuff at our state fair, and I hand him the book; "[me] Chris, you sign this for me?" "Sure, got a pen"?[takes one, then another lookat at it and says,"Ooooh,
THIS thing, huh?" Ohh, man!![looks irritated],then he regains his mock-lost composure
and says, "Oh, this is yours?,Never mind, here",
and he signs it.
As to the rest of your query, Terry, I guess
so far there is no law against impetuousness and unthinking.I say this Not as a slam against Anyone here, but with the abundant proliferation of Byrds and Rick info available on the net, a person is pretty much without excuse for not being enlightened about all these subjects, urban legend and other misinformation not withstanding.
If anyone is reading this, Please take the time to do a good overview of all the Forum topics, and
use the hyperlinks which can steer you to lots of good and interesting places.
FATRAT

Post by FATRAT »

Good story about Hillman, I bet he was thrilled.....I bet his face droped when you handed him that book, maybe you should have got his auto on a Byrds CD without Parsons on it, no Flying Burrito CDs, Desert Rose might have gotten you more time.....
by the way what is all that Nick Thiel vs. "Poshdemon/DjDxoxo" about, I like to see a good fight as much as the next post toasty, but I couldnt figure out what these two egomaniacs are fighting about??? I think I got that one of them is fat and ones gay out of it ???
I met McGuinn once, if anyone is interested...

FATRAT
terry
Veteran RRF member

Post by terry »

Dr. wrote:
Dammit, Tomcat, I'm a Plastic fabricator, Not a diplomat!

"Houston, we have a problem."
terry
Veteran RRF member

Post by terry »

FATRAT wrote:
I met McGuinn once, if anyone is interested...

Sure, tell us all about it. This is The Byrds Forum, a Tribal Gathering place where all Byrdmaniax hang out, grow their Mind Gardens, and bounce off the walls.
Image Image Image Image Image
FATRAT_II

Post by FATRAT_II »

I have a question how are you guys posting those faces, I can do, Image .... Image
but the other ones are a mystery.....
the FATRAT/McGuinn story is not that big a deal but I'll post it for the hardcores that are interested in it...
I alway thought it would be cool to meet Crosby, but he might shoot you if he got mad, I guess he has mellowed some????
Hillman seems like he would be cool???
I would have loved to hang out with Parsons, before he got stung out, but, I dont want to meet him now, maybe someday when Im over 90....

anyone else met those Byrds...

FATRAT II (Im Fatrat II now)
FATRAT_II

Post by FATRAT_II »

I have a question how are you guys posting those faces, I can do, Image .... Image
but the other ones are a mystery.....
the FATRAT/McGuinn story is not that big a deal but I'll post it for the hardcores that are interested in it...
I alway thought it would be cool to meet Crosby, but he might shoot you if he got mad, I guess he has mellowed some????
Hillman seems like he would be cool???
I would have loved to hang out with Parsons, before he got too strung out on drugs, but, I dont want to meet him now, maybe someday when Im over 90 or something....

anyone else met those Byrds...

FATRAT_II

Post by FATRAT_II »

dam'it how did that happen????
PEEEEETTTTEERRR HHHEEELPPPP!!!!!!
FATRAT II Image
terry
Veteran RRF member

Post by terry »

FATRAT II wrote:
I have a question how are you guys posting those faces, I can do, Image .... Image but the other ones are a mystery.....

We're a rather artistic bunch over here on The Byrds Forum -- real hardcores. Image

Sure, tell us all about it.

How many of you are there?

dam'it how did that happen????

Only you know for sure.

PEEEEETTTTEERRR HHHEEELPPPP!!!!!!
FATRAT II

To the best of my knowledge, neither Peter nor anyone else on The Rickenbacker Forum is board certified to provide that sort of help.
FATRAT_II

Post by FATRAT_II »

I some how posted my posty twice, thats why I was asking for help, although if theres a doctor in the house I need......
Im the new FATRAT, Im not as nasty as before...I kept making people mad and getting erase....
Now Im FATRAT II.....I was Lon Moore, but no one got it...
the McGuinn story is on its own post on the Byrds forum, its so long I figured it wouldnt fit here...I hope it is worth it....

is that face smokin a joint???

FATRAT II
terry
Veteran RRF member

Post by terry »

FATRAT II wrote:
I some how posted my posty twice, thats why I was asking for help,

Oh, message board help. In that case, then Peter is most certainly "board certified" to render assistance.

although if theres a doctor in the house I need......

Well, there's always the "Dr." and "Mark the MD"; so I guess the Forum is pretty well staffed after all, come to think of it.

Im the new FATRAT, Im not as nasty as before...I kept making people mad and getting erase....
Now Im FATRAT II.....I was Lon Moore, but no one got it...

I was thinking more along the lines of Lon Chaney, Man of a Thousand Faces (or aliases).

the McGuinn story is on its own post on the Byrds forum, its so long I figured it wouldnt fit here...I hope it is worth it....

Thanks for taking the time to share that. Most interesting.

is that face smokin a joint???

Whatever it is that small red emoticons smoke, I would imagine. "Herbal jazz cigarettes," perhaps.
FATRAT_II

Post by FATRAT_II »

keeping it P.C. here on the Rick forum are ya????

FATRAT II

Return to “Byrds' Forum: by James Krause”