New list prices ?

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

VRICKY63
Intermediate Member

New list prices ?

Post by VRICKY63 »

Has this topic been covered ? Musicians Friend and Music 123 are showing very high prices for new 4003 basses . Does RIC have a new pricing list ? What does this do to the used market ? Close to $2000 for a 4003 ? :shock:
It's too early in the morning to talk about our relationship !
ric330
Intermediate Member

Re: New list prices ?

Post by ric330 »

Yeh I'm wondering what kind of price the instruments that were ordered for store stock last year are going to be priced at as they become available.
Probably the new prices. I do have to say that I love the fact the guitars are still made in America and are retaining a high level of workmanship.
My latest Rick purchase (Christamas Eve) has turned out to be the best guitar I've ever owned and played. It has remarkable fit and finish and the fret work on it is beyond improvement. Tough for the working musician to buy some of the new models but the used Ricks are an excellent investment to inspire one musically. I feel lucky that I've been able to purchase a new one.

If Gretsch for example, which are nice guitars, can price their new 6120's easily over $2000 (made in Japan), then the American Ricks with the quality I'm seeing of late should be getting more for their efforts. I'm seeing rising prices on alot of the different guitar companies in which many are subing their product builds out of our country.
Lucky for me I really have grown to love the Ricks and they are made in the USA - I will be stepping up to buy another new one soon enough and feel that money will be well spent.
...went in to buy a 52' Tele and walked out with a 360 Jetglo...
VRICKY63
Intermediate Member

Post by VRICKY63 »

I agree Kevin . The RICs are worth every penny . I bought a 98 4001V63 not long ago for $2500 . I would think with new 4003 models at $2000 the used market just made a nice jump ?
It's too early in the morning to talk about our relationship !
antipodean

Post by antipodean »

Guys,

RIC published a new price list for 2008 on December 13. You can check it out at http://www.rickenbacker.com/pdfs/pricelist.pdf.

I believe that orders made prior to the new price list being published will be filled at the price prevailing at the time the order was received, but it's always best to check with RIC customer service.

This price rise partially counteracts the windfall that overseas Rickenbacker fans like me had due to the plunging US dollar.

Given the looming recession, there may not be a whole lot of additional price rises in the near future unless the Fed gets it terribly wrong and lets the inflation genie well and truly out of the bottle.
"I don't want to sound incredulous but I can't believe it" Rex Mossop
rickaddict

Post by rickaddict »

WOW...$3839.00 is list for a 4001C64S? That's a big price jump. I think it was $3299.00 or so last time I looked. Great bass though.

Maybe this price hike will get the backlog back to normal.
nov_1981

Post by nov_1981 »

rickaddict you have a PM
Sorry for breaking into the thread guys.

Rob

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”