Forty-Forty-Forty-Eight Hours To Go!

Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

gibsonlp
Technical Admin

Re: Forty-Forty-Forty-Eight Hours To Go!

Post by gibsonlp »

Ric O'Sound wrote:
jingle_jangle wrote:Whoa! Beg to differ here, and wish new owners to err on the side of conservatism...The locks on the outside being non-frosty aren't any sort of guarantee that the guitar will be OK to unpack and play. Take care...YMMV on this!
Nothing in life is guaranteed, Paul...except death :wink:
And taxes :cry:
So long and thanks for all the fish!
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

lovecity wrote:Ok, I cheated!

I popped it open to take a quick peek (I'm horrible I know) and while I did felt the guitar (on the front and inside the soundhole) and it was perfectly warm!

Upon a quick inspection... the guitar is amazing and lived up to, if not exceeded, my expectations on the finish/grain!

It's safe back in it's case.. didn't want to push it.
Next time you get it out, you'll have to get some pictures posted, 'cause ya know what they say, without pictures, it didn't happen.
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
hjarnett
Intermediate Member

Post by hjarnett »

did you open her up yet mitch? my 360/12v64 jg is on the ups truck i hope it gets here soon but like you i have to wait to open it since its coming to indiana from LA
09 360/6 fireglo. 09 360/12 fireglo. A tele a strat and a VOX
octagon

Post by octagon »

hjarnett wrote:did you open her up yet mitch? my 360/12v64 jg is on the ups truck i hope it gets here soon but like you i have to wait to open it since its coming to indiana from LA
Hi Jerry,thanks for asking.I took it out of the shipping box last night but I haven't cracked the case yet.It's been about 24 hours now.Don't know how much longer I will wait. If I touch the metal hardware on the case it still feels cool,however the metal hardware on my other guitar cases feel cool also and they have been here for years.Everything feels cool in Minnesota.

Oh well,I decided to take a peek.Just opened ths case long enough to snap this pic.Hope I didn't ruin it.

cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

octagon wrote:
hjarnett wrote:did you open her up yet mitch? my 360/12v64 jg is on the ups truck i hope it gets here soon but like you i have to wait to open it since its coming to indiana from LA
Hi Jerry,thanks for asking.I took it out of the shipping box last night but I haven't cracked the case yet.It's been about 24 hours now.Don't know how much longer I will wait. If I touch the metal hardware on the case it still feels cool,however the metal hardware on my other guitar cases feel cool also and they have been here for years.Everything feels cool in Minnesota.

Oh well,I decided to take a peek.Just opened ths case long enough to snap this pic.Hope I didn't ruin it.

Wow, looks nice! I'm guessing a few seconds of exposure to take a peek and a pic won't have much chance to do damage. After all, the case and everything are at some temperature and a short whiff of air of warmer temp won't be able to change it all that fast.

I know what you mean about it being cool, we're supposed to have highs this weekend around -10F here in Montana, just a few miles from Canada...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
octagon

Post by octagon »

cjj wrote:
octagon wrote:

Wow, looks nice! I'm guessing a few seconds of exposure to take a peek and a pic won't have much chance to do damage. After all, the case and everything are at some temperature and a short whiff of air of warmer temp won't be able to change it all that fast.

I know what you mean about it being cool, we're supposed to have highs this weekend around -10F here in Montana, just a few miles from Canada...
Thanks man! Highs of -10? Oofdah,I guess the winds blow heavy on the borderline.
Memphis Blue

Post by Memphis Blue »

Christ on a bike that is BEAUTIFUL!!!!
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Hunter S. Thompson
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Nice, nice, nice...
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

They need to make little case-cams installed in the case before shipping, with a USB port on the outside of the carton, so we could just plug in and watch 'em defrost. :P
All I wanna do is rock!
longboard_ric
Intermediate Member

Post by longboard_ric »

Nice one, Mitch. :D

It'll be worth the wait.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
beatlefreak

Post by beatlefreak »

Let's use common sense here, people. If you open the case for a quick peek, and the guitar doesn't feel cold, there's no danger.
targ

Post by targ »

jingle_jangle wrote:Whoa! Beg to differ here, and wish new owners to err on the side of conservatism...The locks on the outside being non-frosty aren't any sort of guarantee that the guitar will be OK to unpack and play. Take care...YMMV on this!
Agreed, when it comes to stuff like this the only time I would alter from what is considered the accepted norm,
would be if the person giving the new advise was willing to pony up the replacement cash if they were wrong.
cmuk

Post by cmuk »

Mitch, that is a stunning guitar. Enjoy!
gregga41
RRF Consultant

Post by gregga41 »

Suddenly my R.A.S is playing up on me!
I absolutely adore the JG versions of the V64. Great stuff Mitch. :D
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

gregga41 wrote:Suddenly my R.A.S is playing up on me!
I absolutely adore the JG versions of the V64. Great stuff Mitch. :D
+1, as much as I love the FG example I have, I'd really like to have a JG version. :D

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”