Tool "Flood" (1993)

Artists Who Use Rickenbackers

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Lefty4001

Tool "Flood" (1993)

Post by Lefty4001 »

I love taking the morning off. For a nearly 19 y.o. "in-the-crowd" video, this thing is pretty good.

Paul D'Amour on his CS. Nice double-stops at the intro into an odd-timed groove (13/8? you tell me), good section where everyone drops out and the riff goes up the neck.

And...AND...crowd guy gets it nearly right.

Seriously, TOOL has been one of my favorites since I first heard them. They bring alot to the game. I see a performance whenever I can. Their current bassist Justin Chancellor uses a Wal and it is sweet in it's own right, but Paul's playing over Danny Carey's drumming on "Undertow" is a sound I love.

Hope you enjoy this.
'turn up the bass'
loendmaestro
Intermediate Member

Re: Tool "Flood" (1993)

Post by loendmaestro »

That was great! I'm a big fan of theirs too. Chancellor is no slouch, but I really dig D'Amour. Plus it's always nice to see a CS getting played instead of hanging on somebody's wall.

And what a beautiful setting for a concert as well!
indianation65

Post by indianation65 »

Good stuff...if I remember correctly, Tool and a buddy's band here in Dallas, Course of Empire were the first two bands on Hollywood Records back in '89 or '90. Tool got huge, COE had a couple of years of quality work, but it didn't last. Mike G., the guitarist for COE did make it in Guitar World once, and Tool's duo made it several times. Extreme metal is always cool, and kind of hot in a crowd that seems like it is waiting for some surf or Miami Beach style Buffet.

...wisdom
Indian Folklore and Wisdom—Love, Learn, Listen
Tron55

Post by Tron55 »

Great video bring back some memories

Return to “Rickenbacker Artists”