How to make a video featuring your Ric

Rolling the Finest in Digital Movies
cassius987

How to make a video featuring your Ric

Post by cassius987 »

I am hoping to do a video of my 4003 for a couple of applications and was wondering how you go about filming and capturing audio live, the way so many people seem to in their YT videos. Seems like most people shoot and sync up with audio but most things I see are done entirely live--how do you pull this off? I'm on a Mac by the way, and I hear iMovie is good for stuff like this.
captsandwich
Intermediate Member

Re: How to make a video featuring your Ric

Post by captsandwich »

cassius987 wrote:I am hoping to do a video of my 4003 for a couple of applications and was wondering how you go about filming and capturing audio live, the way so many people seem to in their YT videos. Seems like most people shoot and sync up with audio but most things I see are done entirely live--how do you pull this off? I'm on a Mac by the way, and I hear iMovie is good for stuff like this.
From the Name that Tune thread, here's how I use iMovie and Garageband to make vids
1. Plug in guitar (mAudio usb interface)
2. Start iMovie application
3. Start recording.
4. Stop recording when I screw up.
5. Repeat steps 3 & 4 as necessary.
6. Add title in iMovie
7. Use 'Share with Garageband' tab.
8. In Garageband, tweak as necessary to achieve a decent sound, output level, etc.
9. Save as .mov
10. Open photobucket account & upload file
Lemme graze into your veldt/ lemme stomple your albino/lemme nibble on your buds/ I'm your Love Rhino
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

I literally just record into Logic and iMovie simultaneously and keep them running till I get the take I want.

Then, export an MP3 from the Logic file, drag it into iMovie, and sync them up. You can even upload to YouTube directly from iMovie.

This can be a touch tedious at first but is seriously as easy as can be if you have the software.
cassius987

Post by cassius987 »

Thanks guys. All the software is in place. I will take a crack at it tonight. I assume iMovie can utilize my MBP's webcam... here's hoping!
captsandwich wrote:1. Plug in guitar (mAudio usb interface)
How do you like that interface? My Griffin iMic is several years old and I'm getting pretty tired of how noisy it can be.
cassius987

Post by cassius987 »

Do you guys have any tricks for syncing the movie and GB track up? Harder than I expected.
cassius987

Post by cassius987 »

There was a funny problem causing me some sync issues where I started playing before I thought I did in the video... caused a lot of confusion... hence the earlier question.

Here's the test video I uploaded to YouTube. Is the audio okay? (Adequate for a demo?) I don't think the video quality can get any better via my web cam. :(

p.s.: I have no idea why I have a seizure at the end of the video! Haha...
cassius987

Post by cassius987 »

I am really having a hard time getting the audio quality to improve on YT. Any suggestions? Formatting specifics, quality, etc.?
Fretjob

Post by Fretjob »

Sounds ok if a little light on the bottom end, then i don't know if that's what you were going for.

Video quality is ok, adequate, you can see enough to make out what you are fretting and slapping.

I think you knew all that though. :)
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

Sounded good to me,Joshua! I think you were possessed by the spirit of Max Headroom at the end of the video tho. :wink:
I tried to do a little video using my facebook page,and even though i had the amp volume down,it was really way too hot. The video is still up on my wall,if you wanna check it out.
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

I love the ending. :lol: The quality seems adequate for something like youtube. Keep going! 8)
All I wanna do is rock!

Return to “Videos by RRF Members”