asking what a guitar is worth

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

pbrowne

asking what a guitar is worth

Post by pbrowne »

This is my first post so please let me know if this is the wrong place to ask this question.

I have a 2002 Rickenbacker 325V63 - the guitar appears new - absolutely mint - the case is in great shape except the original owner put his name of the outside top.

Just wondering what the relative value of this guitar might be.

Thanks,

pat
You depend upon the weakness of the people you use, don't look at me like that baby, you know it's true.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Re: asking what a guitar is worth

Post by jdogric12 »

The appropriate place would be the Marketplace section here, where you need 30 meaningful posts (other than "Yeah" or "+1") to access.

Welcome! Hang out and participate, it's worth it for the info you'll get.
collin

Post by collin »

Hi Pat, welcome to the RRF.

Like Jason said, we can't give a value as that is for the "appraisals" section of the Marketplace, which opens after you have 30 posts minimum.

That said, your best bet for value in the meantime is to look at completed auctions on eBay.
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Welcome to the forum Pat. As my esteemed colleagues have mentioned, 30 posts are indeed necessary to gain access to our marketplace. Stick around and make yourself at home. Once you have interacted with the membership and reached that number feel free to post your question in the appropriate section there.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

Also, it's up to you, but most of our members complete the location info section in their profile because members in their respective areas periodically have events/jams that they invite other locals to. :)
There is no reason to ever be bored.

...why yes, I suppose I do have a double bound guitar fetish...

"Uh, I like the double bounds. . . ."
pbrowne

Post by pbrowne »

thx for the welcomes - i will update the location section and try and think of 30 "worthy" post topics - this may take some time.

pat
You depend upon the weakness of the people you use, don't look at me like that baby, you know it's true.
ken_j
RRF Consultant

Post by ken_j »

Pat, welcome to the RRF. You may find an snswer to your question in the "Rickenbacker Register". I am not sure if past sales are hiden by number of posts. Link: http://www.rickresource.com/register/pricelist.php
"The best things in life aren't things."
pbrowne

Post by pbrowne »

Ken_J,

thx for the link - that pretty much was what I was looking for.

pat
collin

Post by collin »

pbrowne wrote:thx for the welcomes - i will update the location section and try and think of 30 "worthy" post topics - this may take some time.

pat

Just FYI Pat, its not 30 new topics, just 30 posts (including replies).....if you want to know why people here emphasize the "worthiness" of the replies, just read the forum rules thread. Again, welcome. :)
pbrowne

Post by pbrowne »

thx collin - i will take this opportunity to add to my post count by responding - i presume that's ok
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

yep! +1 :lol: :wink:
pbrowne

Post by pbrowne »

and thank you jason

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”