New JangleBox pedals

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

idealassets

Re: New JangleBox pedals

Post by idealassets »

The JB3. All the features of the JB2 Byrds LE, but we added dual output, a more stable version of our IC chip and a soft mute switch
Are you saying that if a player wants to use the Ric stereo mode that you need the JB3? Also I still see only the Byrds JB2 on the janglebox.com site. Do I need to go somewhere else to see the JB3?

I doubt I will play in stereo any time soon, but its good to know all the pertinent info.

Thank you,
Craig
2007 Guild F412 Blond
2011 Rickenbacker 360/12 Maple
janglebox

Post by janglebox »

Folkie wrote:Steve,

Since you haven't responded to my question, I take it there will be no special discounts for RRF members on the Noise Suppressor or the JB3. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Robert
Robert, we probably will have some kind of introductory deal, but I want to first run it by our dealers as a courtesy.
janglebox

Post by janglebox »

idealassets wrote:
The JB3. All the features of the JB2 Byrds LE, but we added dual output, a more stable version of our IC chip and a soft mute switch
Are you saying that if a player wants to use the Ric stereo mode that you need the JB3? Also I still see only the Byrds JB2 on the janglebox.com site. Do I need to go somewhere else to see the JB3?

I doubt I will play in stereo any time soon, but its good to know all the pertinent info.

Thank you,
Craig
Actually, the JB3 dual outputs (not stereo) were added so guitarists could output to two amps independent of any other devices. I'm not sure how it would be impacted by the Ric-O-Sound feature. Admittedly, the dual output will probably have limited application, but more than a few customers suggested it, so I thought we'd give it a try.

You won't see any JB3s, J-Gates or J-Boosts on our website until they're ready for market and we're well into production. I'm guessing about eight weeks at this point.

I'm also trying to bring back the USA-made original JangleBox, with pin-negative polarity and at a somewhat reduced price.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Great news, thanks Steve!!! I'm very excited about the Gate and mini. I wonder if the mini is small enough to bury in a Rick's control cavity???
janglebox

Post by janglebox »

jdogric12 wrote:Great news, thanks Steve!!! I'm very excited about the Gate and mini. I wonder if the mini is small enough to bury in a Rick's control cavity???
It might make more sense to think of it as a mini-JB2. In order to keep production in the USA, we need to standardize our enclosures wherever we can. The mini will probably go into a Hammond 1590BB, same as the J-Gate, J-Boost and updated original USA JangleBox.
david/wales/u.k

Post by david/wales/u.k »

Folkie wrote:Steve Lasko,

I think we're all pretty excited about the two new JangleBox pedals which are in production. You had said that the end of summer would be the target date. Are things moving as expected? Will RRF members have the first opportunity to purchase these pedals? Can you give us any more information?

Thanks,

Robert
End of summer 2013!! :o (if we're lucky)
janglebox

Post by janglebox »

david/wales/u.k wrote:
Folkie wrote:Steve Lasko,

I think we're all pretty excited about the two new JangleBox pedals which are in production. You had said that the end of summer would be the target date. Are things moving as expected? Will RRF members have the first opportunity to purchase these pedals? Can you give us any more information?

Thanks,

Robert
End of summer 2013!! :o (if we're lucky)
Updated schedule:
J-Gate: end of June/early July (see our Janglebox Facebook page)
JB3: 2nd or 3rd week of July
Reissue USA-made JangleBox: first week in July

more to follow...
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Woot!
electrofaro

Post by electrofaro »

janglebox wrote:J-Gate: end of June/early July (see our Janglebox Facebook page)
JB3: 2nd or 3rd week of July
Reissue USA-made JangleBox: first week in July

more to follow...
Thanks for the updates, Steve!
'67 Fender Coronado II CAB * '17 1963 ES-335 PB * currently rickless
theraves

Post by theraves »

Any other Jangle box users have a problem with the unit(s) having no audio output except when bypassed? I haven't read about any others having this problem, so maybe my unit is defective. My JB2 Byrds model will power on, the blue and red red lights come on when engaged, but if I do that, there is no audio at all. If I bypass the unit by disengaging the switches, the normal signal goes through. I had used it successfully for about an hour when I first got it, and then this started happening. I worked with Steve Lasko (who was very nice) at Janglebox directly and sent the box back. After a few weeks, he emailed me that he swapped out the board, but when I got it back (about a week ago), I had the same issue. All controls are set for output, I am using a new battery and cables... Any thoughts?
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

What happens if you run it from a power supply?
JimK
theraves

Post by theraves »

To ensure that there was no problem with power, I didn't even use an A/C adapter until I'd exhaustively tested the box using a good battery and good cables and kept getting a bad result. When I tried the recommended A/C power cable, I had the same problem. Nothing changed. I really want to use this box, but something is definitely wrong.

Help Steve!
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Do you have active pickups? I know nothing about the circuit in these boxes, just wondering if too "hot" of a signal might be blowing the input stage...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
theraves

Post by theraves »

Just testing with the guitars that they're primarily made for: Rickenbacker 340 and Fender Telecaster. No hi-gain pickups, toaster tops on the RIC and standard pickups on the Tele.
theraves

Post by theraves »

The folks at Janglebox are pretty awesome. I literally just got an email from Steve Lasko. Let me say that he is very attentive to making sure his customers are happy with his product. I may be having a problem with this particular unit, but I know it is a great box and his company has the right approach to customer service and satisfaction. I am going to return it to them shortly and as soon as I get it back and working, I will post one of the many testimonials that other users have. Thanks for your quick response Steve!

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”