Ruby 330

Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Greenstone

Ruby 330

Post by Greenstone »

I just bought my first 330, in Ruby. Have to say love the guitar. The neck is a bit fatter than the last Rick I owned, an 80's 360. The color is grand!Kind of like candy apple. Here it is with my '57 Deluxe RI. Trying to remember how to use the 5th knob 8)

"Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and skillful execution. It represents the wise choice of many alternatives." W. A. Foster
Tommy
Intermediate Member

Re: Ruby 330

Post by Tommy »

Very cool.
And you're right. That color looks more like a candy apple red. Very nice.
Greenstone

Post by Greenstone »

Better color shot

"Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and skillful execution. It represents the wise choice of many alternatives." W. A. Foster
greyash

Post by greyash »

It is absolutely gorgeous :)
Folkie
Advanced Member

Post by Folkie »

Lovely-looking 330! How does it sound?
Len

Post by Len »

Nice!

What is that big pedal in the background?
orly

Post by orly »

It's a Sole-Mate reverb by VanAmps : http://vanamps.com/products/sole-mate/
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

greyash wrote:It is absolutely gorgeous :)
+1! 8)
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
Ric_MEL

Post by Ric_MEL »

Stunning !!
Greenstone

Post by Greenstone »

The sound is quite flexible- from being very full with the neck pickup, and of course nice and Ricky on the bridge, lots of twang. Using the 5th knob as a blend for the middle position, which I use the most live, as I can gravitate between thick and thin. Running stereo with a '57 deluxe and a Princeton reverb- the piano-like tone of the Ric fits well with the band. Happy with the overdriven sound as well, currently running a Carolina wave cannon along with a Barber tone press for added boost. The big pedal is the Vanamps Sole Mate reverb which I've had for a while- I use that with the deluxe sometimes but it really doesn't need it, a slight slapback delay sounds better to me with the rawness of the 5E3. I run the amp dry when in stereo along with the PR. The Ric of course sounds/plays much different than my ASAT, Les Paul or Jerry Jones.

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”