I Got Them Back

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

ricmic

I Got Them Back

Post by ricmic »

My friends, I have incredible news to share. My last post was to let you all know that my home was broken into and my V63 and a P-Bass stolen. Beyond all hope they have both been returned to me undamaged. I was called Sunday by the Ramona PD to inform me that they had recovered my Basses and taken the thief into custody. As it turns out, he has done this before and they suspected him all along. He lives on my street but they would not tell me where. I have told all my closest neighbors to keep an eye out as his partner is still at large. there it is. Beyond all hope, I have them back. New home security system has been installed. Gonna try and hold onto them this time...Mark
Ontario_RIC_fan
Advanced Member

Re: I Got Them Back

Post by Ontario_RIC_fan »

Good news Mark..

Congrats on their safe return. :D
Brian Morton
A Rickenbacker Fan
in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
=========================
67 FG 625
74 JG 4000
76 JG 430
77 JG 620
77 JG 320
79 MG 450
79 JG 4001
80 FG 620/12
81 BG 480
91 JG 610
02 BG 620
78 TR7
83 TR25
ilan
RRF Consultant

Post by ilan »

That is so great to hear.
"A Noble Instrument Must Be Nobly Regarded"
teeder

Post by teeder »

Wahoo!
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

Excellent news!
iiipopes
Intermediate Member

Post by iiipopes »

Congrats!
edski
Advanced Member

Post by edski »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

So happy for you!!! :mrgreen:
Kopfjaeger
Advanced Member

Post by Kopfjaeger »

Awesome news! Send the Detective a gift card to Dunkin Donuts and/or send the Chief a letter praising his work to recover your stuff so quickly! It will mean the world to him! Regardless of what some may think, cops are people too and while thy don't crave the "atta boys", since they are few and far between, they do appreciate when there efforts are recognized. I buried two brother officers in a week span last week. Cop do a tough job that the vast majority could never dream of doing. Whether you live in a "podunk" little town or Gotham City, they do the same work.

Sepp
Vintage/Classic Rickenbacker Enthusiast!
1972 4001 Jetglo
1973 4001 Burgundyglo
2011 4003 Jetglo
1986 4003 Shadow
Lefty4003S8
Intermediate Member

Post by Lefty4003S8 »

I am VERY happy to hear your good news!!!! YES!!!!! :D

I also echo Kops suggestion.
Do not drink from the toilet when taking Lyrica
ram

Post by ram »

What Sepp said... maybe even a public thank you to the local paper about how great the officers' performance was! Leave out details as to what was stolen. No need to advertise, bad guys read the papers too. Congrats on getting them back.
The only thing we can perceive are our perceptions - George Berkeley
vjf1968

Post by vjf1968 »

Kopfjaeger wrote:Awesome news! Send the Detective a gift card to Dunkin Donuts and/or send the Chief a letter praising his work to recover your stuff so quickly! It will mean the world to him! Regardless of what some may think, cops are people too and while thy don't crave the "atta boys", since they are few and far between, they do appreciate when there efforts are recognized. I buried two brother officers in a week span last week. Cop do a tough job that the vast majority could never dream of doing. Whether you live in a "podunk" little town or Gotham City, they do the same work.

Sepp
DO NOT DO THIS!!!! Police Officers are not to accept any gratuity no matter how benign. You can get them into serious trouble because it can look like a bribe.

To the OP. Have you thought about buying a guitar safe to store your guitars in? I guess the expense of one would be based on how much your instruments are worth and could also protect them in the event of a fire. It may also lower your homeowners insurance.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

vjf1968 wrote:
Kopfjaeger wrote:Awesome news! Send the Detective a gift card to Dunkin Donuts and/or send the Chief a letter praising his work to recover your stuff so quickly! It will mean the world to him! Regardless of what some may think, cops are people too and while thy don't crave the "atta boys", since they are few and far between, they do appreciate when there efforts are recognized. I buried two brother officers in a week span last week. Cop do a tough job that the vast majority could never dream of doing. Whether you live in a "podunk" little town or Gotham City, they do the same work.

Sepp
DO NOT DO THIS!!!! Police Officers are not to accept any gratuity no matter how benign. You can get them into serious trouble because it can look like a bribe.
Sepp may know what he's talking about...........
Lefty4003S8
Intermediate Member

Post by Lefty4003S8 »

How does a "Thank You" become a bribe???
Do not drink from the toilet when taking Lyrica
scotty

Post by scotty »

In a world of doom and gloom this is Fab news :D
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

scotty wrote:In a world of doom and gloom......
Hey, you don't live in the USA............. :wink:

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”