Role Call Old and New

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

cjj
RRF Moderator

Re: Role Call Old and New

Post by cjj »

scotty wrote:Hi my names Scotty and I'm a big sexy chunky hunk....
I'm seeking love and compassion. ....
:roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
ric480
Veteran RRF member

Post by ric480 »

Born and raised in New Yawk, New Yawk. Been in Northeast Pennsylvania the last decade.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Scotty I don't know if you can find what you are looking for on the mainland! :lol: :lol:
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
scotty

Post by scotty »

admin wrote:Scotty I don't know if you can find what you are looking for on the mainland! :lol: :lol:
Lol.....
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Born and raised in Melbourne, Orstraya. :wink:
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

girllennon76 wrote:
ajish4 wrote:Born & raised in New York.

Now living in South Florida. I've been a member here since 2005, annoying people ever since. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Howdy, neighbor! I'm in Deerfield Beach, FL (just 10 minutes north of Ft Lauderdale). I've been part of the RRF since '99 or 2000, but I couldn't access to my previous user account, girllennon, hence the girllennon76 moniker, so I appear to be a newb when I'm not. I was the proud owner of a '96 325v63, but sadly sold the guitar in November due to hardship. I plan on getting another 325 when things aren't so tight. For now, I just pine and drool over other Rics, lol.
Howdy Joelle!

You're only about a 45 minute ride south of me!

I hear you about the drooling! LOL! I have a thing for RIC basses. However, as of late I'm venturing into 6 string territory....you guitarists have SO many choices! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

I obviously spend far too much time on Facebook..............I was looking for the like button to "like" your post Tony. Enjoy that skinny stringed beast of yours. It's a keeper.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
GIBrat51

Post by GIBrat51 »

Originally from Roswell Army Air Field in Roswell, New Mexico (yes, that Roswell). Been living in Las Vegas, Nevada for about 32 years now. Trying to get several bass/guitar projects done this year; have put them off for too long (especially the '87 330 Rick). :wink:
lordblackmore

Post by lordblackmore »

I'm originally from eastern Pennsylvania, but have lived in MA, near Boston since 1987.

I've been playing since around '78.
wmthor
Veteran RRF member

Post by wmthor »

I grew up in Brownsville, TX (On The Border, By The Sea) and now reside in Cypress, TX (NW Houston). In between Brownsville and Cypress, I lived in the following places: New Orleans, LA; Tomah, WI; Stillwater, OK; Memphis, TN; Long Beach, NY; Adams, WI; Steamboat Springs, CO; El Paso, TX; Torrance, CA.

I've been a member of this forum since 2000.
'96 1997 LH MG
'98 360 LH MG
'00 360/12 Carl Wilson LH FG
'07 730S Shiloh LH
Folkie
Advanced Member

Post by Folkie »

Born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio. I've been a member of the RRF since 2010.
4005player

Post by 4005player »

I'm originally from Baltimore, MD, but moved to Malibu, CA in 2000. I've been member of RRF since 2005, I think it was....been to a couple of the SoCal Confluences, including the 75th Anniversary back in 2006. Long time RIC owner (1975 - first RIC bass was at 4000)..now I have a large number of basses and guitars, and have been studying and playing for 41 years now. :D
DriftSpace

Post by DriftSpace »

I'm presently living in Englewood, Colorado, and we're slated for a warm week here. I just finished tearing-out the ice dams on a particular section of my roof on the north side.

I've been playing my PW-refinished 4003 almost every day for several hours during the winter, and I am realizing that my E is buzzing more than I'd like up above the 7th fret, and that I'm going to have to flip the A string's saddle to improve intonation. Kind of dreaming about a series/parallel option, too; maybe I should ship the whole thing to Dane...
BloodyFingers

Post by BloodyFingers »

Hello. I'm in the not-so-sunny state of Delaware.

I very recently bought my first ever Rickenbacker, a Jetglo 360/12, after desiring one for some 30-years.

I changed my strings yesterday and find the R tailpiece to be an unfortunate design. It's great when the string slides neatly into place (which it did for 5 of the strings) but a real fiddly pain when they didn't want to seat properly. Would be great if the 'R' maybe had a hinge so that it could open and allow a little more access space.

Bloody great guitar other than that though and I am very happy to finally own one :D
cheyenne
Veteran RRF member

Post by cheyenne »

I'm a little late to the party here, I live in a small town about 20 miles north of Dayton Ohio. I've been a member here coming up on 14 years (this month I believe), love Rickenbacker basses, and have a new Fireglo 4003S currently on order. :D
"Knowledge is Power"

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”