New Noir

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

NFB-418

New Noir

Post by NFB-418 »

I haven't been on the forum in a while, but I thought I would come on and share some good fortune. I ordered this today from Dave's Guitar in La Crosse. According to the sales rep, they had wanted to get in on the initial run of Noir basses, but didn't. Then this one showed up today! I check Dave's site daily, so I'm pretty stoked that I was able to jump on this when it popped up.
Attachments
Noir 1.jpg
“'What was that note?' I told him it was a B natural, the third of G dominant 7 going back to C minor, and I can't talk while I'm playing so don't ask me any more questions." - Ron Carter to Miles Davis
superdick2112

Re: New Noir

Post by superdick2112 »

Congrats!
Beautiful basses, aren't they?
I love mine.
Does your serial number begin with 17?
Mine does, so maybe they are doing a second run & making more than the rumored total of 30.
NFB-418

Post by NFB-418 »

superdick2112 wrote:Congrats!
Beautiful basses, aren't they?
I love mine.
Does your serial number begin with 17?
Mine does, so maybe they are doing a second run & making more than the rumored total of 30.
Thanks! Yes, my serial starts with 17. Very exciting that they're possibly doing another run. I wonder if RIC announced anything on their FB page. I haven't checked recently.
“'What was that note?' I told him it was a B natural, the third of G dominant 7 going back to C minor, and I can't talk while I'm playing so don't ask me any more questions." - Ron Carter to Miles Davis
NFB-418

Post by NFB-418 »

More pics
Attachments
Noir 2.jpg
Noir 3.jpg
Noir 4.jpg
Noir 5.jpg
bottom4
Veteran RRF member

Post by bottom4 »

don't leave that damn push pull paper sticker on too long, you'll have a fun time getting it off. My Noir sat in it's case for a few months before I got back home to it and it was a pain in the ou know what to get off.

Enjoy her and play her hard!
NFB-418

Post by NFB-418 »

bottom4 wrote:don't leave that damn push pull paper sticker on too long, you'll have a fun time getting it off. My Noir sat in it's case for a few months before I got back home to it and it was a pain in the ou know what to get off.

Enjoy her and play her hard!
Thanks. Those are the photos from the dealer which are obviously better quality than anything I could take! I've always yanked the stickers off of all of my Ricks and that push/pull one usually leaves a little residue regardless of how long it's been on there. I always hit the pickguard with some cleaner to remove that gummy stuff.

Have any Noir owners had recommendations for caring for the satin finish? I have some satin finish cleaner and conditioner which is made by Cory Care Products for pianos. It's worked very well on my satin finish Martin dreadnought, so I'm hoping that product will work for the Noir.
superdick2112

Post by superdick2112 »

I have been using a clean pair of old & very soft guitar polishing cloths to clean the flat black surfaces.
I lightly rub off any fingerprints with the 1st cloth (moistened with a few drops of water), then immediately wipe off any leftover moisture with the 2nd dry cloth.
I'm not sure what to do about caring for the ebony fingerboard - I usually oil my unfinished rosewood & ebony fingerboards once a year, but the last thing I want is to get any fingerboard oil on the flat black finish, as I'm sure it would be a real bugger - if not impossible - to get it off.
Meanwhile, I just cant help but play mine - it sounds & looks too good not to.
NFB-418

Post by NFB-418 »

superdick2112 wrote: I'm not sure what to do about caring for the ebony fingerboard.
I was turned on to Dr. Duck's Axe Wax, which is a misleading name because it's not wax. It's an oil - probably similar to bore oil which is used for wind instruments. Martin Guitars recommends using it for ebony and rosewood boards, and I've used it with great success on my D-28 and DR Centennial's fretboards. A little goes a long way and I usually apply it once a year as you mentioned. Plus, according to the product literature, you can do almost anything with it except drink it.

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”