Has anyone else ordered their Blueburst yet?

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Has anyone else ordered their Blueburst yet?

Post by sloop_john_b »

First off, it's my first post here, just wanted to say hi to everyone! I'm John, 19, and I own a 330FG, 370/12BB, and a 4003JG.

I ordered my Blueburst as soon as they came avilable from The Music Connection, a 350v63!

Has anyone else put in their order for one yet?
wrattej

Post by wrattej »

Not yet but I admire your choice of a 350V63 in blue burst. That's probably the model I would go for. I've already got a mapleglo 350v63 but a blueburst one would look cool. When did they say your guitar would be available ?
jwr2

Post by jwr2 »

it is good to get some young guys playing rics ... welcome John ...
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys! Image

According to Mike at The Music Connection, it could be anywhere between 6 months and a year, at worst. But it also could be earlier. I'm prepared for the worst.
bluespckr

Post by bluespckr »

Ahhhh ... all good things are worth waiting for.

Welcome to the forum, from somebody who is still fairly new, too. This is a great place to hang out, meet new friends and learn about these great guitars. Enjoy.
melibreits

Post by melibreits »

I wish I could say I have--as many of you know, I have been dreaming of a Blueburst Ric for the last couple of years (here's the link to my homepage, with the watercolor I painted in 2003: www.melibeemusic.com )! But all of a sudden life is taking a dramatic change in my family, as my husband is making the big transition.... He has quit his job as a postal clerk and his last day of work is Feb. 2. He has been working far too much and has decided he wants to spend more time with the family and less time working...so...he will be pursuing his dreams as a full time coin dealer and entrepreneur, as our home business has grown too big to handle on a part-time only basis! This is the realization of a dream for him, and will hopefully allow him more time to be the dad and husband that he wants to be, although he is a bit apprehensive about how our finances will be once we break ties with his predictable paycheck coming in every two weeks, and the loss of his considerable retirement and health-insurance benefits. Yet he knows how very much I want a Blueburst, and I have told him that I would even be willing to sell a couple of my "Rickenbabies" to finance such a purchase....as we gain confidence about making it out "on our own" I hope to put my order in for my dream guitar!
"Once I've held and played the best, baby, I won't settle for less!"
beatlefan

Post by beatlefan »

Nice , Melissa!! I have a feeling it'll all work out for you guys......

I see a blueburst in your future!! Image
1973 4001 MG cb fwi
1986 4003 Shadow
2012 4004Cii FG w/gold trim
pepsican

Post by pepsican »

sure have, from the music connection as well...

4003 Blueburst SOLD thanks CD! Image
Scastles

Post by Scastles »

Though we have never met nor corresponded before all the best in your ventures, Melissa. I admire those who strike out on their own and decide what they want out of their life and for their family, Go for it! There is a BB in your future and more!
---------------------------------------------------------------
Music is too important to be left to professionals.
jeff_ulmer
Intermediate Member

Post by jeff_ulmer »

I really like the colour, but won't even begin to consider a BBR until the 360/12 MB I ordered in 2003 shows up.
johnhall
RIC

Post by johnhall »

Which is interesting, given that there are no 2003 orders for these outstanding. Long & McQuade did order one in late January of 2004- I wonder if this is for you?
krick
Veteran RRF member

Post by krick »

There has been a 360/12 MB listed in the classifieds since Jan. 10,2005.
jeff_ulmer
Intermediate Member

Post by jeff_ulmer »

My 360/12 should have been ordered in mid to late December 2003, since the MB COY was to have been completed then, and I ordered it with that in mind. They apparently have 3 on order, mine being the first. When I inquired in July of last year, I was told it should be coming in "any time now." Oh well, just make it a nice one, please, and I'll be happy. Image

Of course, it could be like the 4003s8 I ordered, which got lost in their warehouse for months, only to appear a week after the one I ended up buying from Mike Parks showed up...

Not placing any blame, just stating that I'm still waiting on my last order. I'm the last person that should be complaining about waiting for stuff, given the speed of my own production (which is finally finished, ten years later!).
jwilli
RRF Consultant

Post by jwilli »

I'm going to put in an order for a 381v69 BBR soon!
Scastles

Post by Scastles »

A 381V '69 in BBR sounds real interesting. Might have to order one of those myself. I've wanted one but not in mapleglo or the other standards finishes.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Music is too important to be left to professionals.

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”