Dr Who - The Remake

Entertainment

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

admin
Site Admin

Dr Who - The Remake

Post by admin »

I saw the end of my first episode of the Dr. Who remake series tonight. I did not no that it existed.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
eatswodo
Veteran RRF member

Post by eatswodo »

Don't get too excited, Peter - the actor playing the Doctor, Christopher Eccleston, has already quit and won't be doing another season.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/04/05/nwho05.xml
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Say it isn't so. Dr. Who, weight in on this one. Do you like the series?
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
jwr2

Post by jwr2 »

I am a big Scifi fan ... but we don't get a lot of Dr Who in the USA ... I like the Stargate show ... but the new Galactica series is really annoying ... I am rooting for the Cylons to wipe them out quick and get them off TV ...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes but there may be help on the way David. At the end of the article you reference above
"The BBC confirmed it was in talks with actor David Tennant, the star of the drama Casanova, which is currently showing on BBC3, as a possible replacement for Eccleston."

doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

I don't have digital cable so I don't get any BBC programming here in So. Cal. (in fact, I'm not sure whether the new Doctor Who series is even available on my local cable system). I did see a trailer somewhere (can't remember where, on TV or on the web) of the new series, and what I saw looked good.

I'm also a big fan of the Stargate franchise, as well as the now-defunct Farscape series (why the frell did Sci-FI ever cancel it???). I elected not to watch the new Battlestar Galactica series due to time constraints (I already watch too much TV), but I have a feeling that I would like it, in spite of the affection I have for the original series.
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
dougp
Veteran RRF member

Post by dougp »

Another mailing list I'm on (devoted to Hawkwind, Lemmy's old band - makes sense that people into a low-budget sci-fi rock band would be into a low-budget sci-fi tv series) has seen some extensive discussion of the new series. But it looks like people in the USA have either been downloading episodes from the net, or getting them sent from overseas, so I don't think it's available on US cable, but I could be wrong.
My basses are Rickenbackers. My synthesizers and recording gear are analog.
soundmasterg
RRF Consultant

Post by soundmasterg »

I would LOVE it if I could find the new Dr. Who, or the old one for that matter, on TV here in the US. I have digital cable and some bbc programming, but couldn't find it on there.

I love the old Galactica, and initially I was ****** about the new one because they changed things, but I decided to watch it and it is pretty good, but different. The guy who plays Baltar is doing a GREAT job playing the part for the new series. You should give it a bit of a chance Jeff. Just take it for what it is and go from there instead of comparing it to the old one....
The do have the guy who played Apollo on the old one (Richard Hatch) playing a recurring part on the new one.

Return to “On Stage”