Thank you, Geddy Lee...

Entertainment

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

wayang

Thank you, Geddy Lee...

Post by wayang »

...and Bjorn Eriksson and The Rickenbacker Forum, too, of course...but if it weren't for Geddy, I don't know if, when or for how much I would have been able to sell my 4080/12. It's been hard not to blurt it out onto these pages during the precarious process, but now that the deal is done here I am blurting...I sold it to an American guy who plays in a Rush tribute band. I told him about this Forum, and if he decides to sign on and reveal his identity, well that's up to him...otherwise, I won't be giving out his name or location, or the price he paid. I can tell you that I think it sets a new record for one of these; maybe that can be established at some point.
So now I'm down to one Rick, from a once-upon-a-time high of five...but I've been playing the one I still have for 31 years, and I'll be playing it out for another 31, so hopefully that's enough to justify my continuing membership in the forum. I'm missing having a fretted 4001, but the guy I sold my '76 'Tobaccoburst' to said he would sell it back to me anytime...I'll see if he means it. Someday, I'm gonna have to have another Rick twelve...I'll be sniffing around here asking questions when that day comes.
It was tough parting with the 4080, but my infrastructure needed bolstering badly...my wife (who was never insistent on doing this and was in fact a little sad about it too) refers to this as my "Stabilization Grant", and it feels good to be "stabilized". I'm really happy that it's gone to a player, as it turns out.
I'm working on a 3D computer model of it to go with the one I did of my 4001, and I'm discovering some interesting things in the process...I'll display my findings here when I get the 4080 model done.
I had a few pictures taken for the archives before shipping it off...I'll post a couple in the 'You Playing Your Rick' thread, but here's one from the Going Away Party...and Here's Lookin' At You, Geddy.
I didn't get where I am today by being on time...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dane: Thanks for the update. Your decision seems to have been a careful one, while at the same time, a judgement to Rush. Chances are (there goes that Johnny Mathis thing again) you will be playing a new 12 string in the future. It must be hard to let this unique instrument go, with all those strings attached.

What model of 12 string are you looking for?
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
atomic_punk

Post by atomic_punk »

I think it's great that there are so many Rush tribute bands! It's a lot better than having a lot of N'Sync tribute bands! Image
"They make great f***'n basses". - Lemmy, NAMM 2009
beatlefan

Post by beatlefan »

lol!!
1973 4001 MG cb fwi
1986 4003 Shadow
2012 4004Cii FG w/gold trim
atomic_punk

Post by atomic_punk »

Dane, your chiropractor wishes you kept it. Image
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

I'm really happy that you're happy, Dane (but I guess you're sad also). I note from the shot that the contents of the glass are clear...... Stoli??

One day I'm gonna have one o' them 4080s!! Just so I can say I had one!!
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
wayang

Post by wayang »

No, Mandrake, I mean Howard...nothing but rain water and pure grain alcohol...gotta protect those P.B.F.'s (precious bodily fluids)...

I'm sure one day you'll be a happy and sad ex-4080 owner, too...
rickcrazy
RRF Consultant

Post by rickcrazy »

Well, if ever I decide to let my Ricks go, I'll be sure to keep my 1979 4080. It's rare, desirable, flashy and unique. Yessiree!
A Rickenbacker bass is much like the Jaguar E car - perennially ultra-fashionable.
rickcrazy
RRF Consultant

Post by rickcrazy »

Image to anyone contemplating buying one.
A Rickenbacker bass is much like the Jaguar E car - perennially ultra-fashionable.
wayang

Post by wayang »

Every Rick owner should have one they would take into the lifeboat with them...I wouldn't blame you for picking that one, Sergio!

I chose my fretless...now I'm just trying to stay dry...
atomic_punk

Post by atomic_punk »

They didn't make enough for all of us to have one!
jwr2

Post by jwr2 »

there is something wrong with the 4080's ... one neck has too many strings and one has too few ... I would go nuts trying to figure out which one to play ... and where is the low B????
rictified

Post by rictified »

What year fretless do you have Dane? Me and Paul Yan both have 72's and they are only one serial number apart, I also have a new BB 4003FL coming.
cheyenne
Veteran RRF member

Post by cheyenne »

How about a custom RIC doubleneck? Based on the 4004 design with maybe a 4 and an 8 neck,,,, quilted top, check binding, wings, AHHHHH!!!

Or a Jeff Rath signature 5/10 ? Image

OK, somebody pinch me and wake me up.
"Knowledge is Power"
atomic_punk

Post by atomic_punk »

I think I would like that 4004 doubleneck! No pickguards to get in the way...I'll take one in white.

Return to “On Stage”