When was this truss rod cover used?

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

aceonbass
Veteran RRF member

When was this truss rod cover used?

Post by aceonbass »

I have a white vintage style clear truss rod cover from a 4001. Unlike the reproduction vintage covers I've seen, this one also says "Made in USA" and right below it "Model 4001"
paralell to the nut. Can anyone tell me the years this style was used and perhaps what it may be worth?
rick12dr
Veteran RRF member

Post by rick12dr »

Rick was putting the model number on a few of their instruments back into the mid 60s.I can't say that Every guitar they made had a plate that sported the model # on it, because I have not personally seen model #s other than "Model 360",
"Model 360-12_" or "Model 4001" or "Model 480".
I'd say based on observations that model# plates were around from '65 to /'73.These are still the silkscreened type, Not the molded/raised letter style.As usual, there are exceptions in many cases.
rick12dr
Veteran RRF member

Post by rick12dr »

Dane, I should have added that determining the date of mfr. of a given plate depends at least a bit on the Length of the plate.For example, a mid 60s 4001 bass plate is Longer than, say, a 1972 plate.
gaboik

Post by gaboik »

I own a 75 4001 that I bought new, and my truss rod cover also says: model 4001, Made in the USA.

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”