Question about Rick headstocks/logos (Lennon mods)

The short-scale model that changed history

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

grinch

Question about Rick headstocks/logos (Lennon mods)

Post by grinch »

I've read a lot about how Lennon's 325 had a different headstock shape, and that some people (Tuck Hersey, Mark Vaquer, and others) actually reshaped their own. I can't really see a difference....what notable changes are there? Why did Lennon's have a different headstock?

Also, the same people mentioned above also changed their truss rod covers to have the "50's logo". Sorry if I seem dumb for not knowing this, but all the Rickenbacker logos look the same to me!

Can anybody help me clear this stuff up about headstocks and logos? Thanks,

Nick
grinch

Post by grinch »

Nobody knows? :0
jwilli
RRF Consultant

Post by jwilli »

I believe that Tuck and Mark had 325V59s. Some had the incorrect headstock. That was all pretty much a moot point once the 325C58 was released. As for the logo.....I'm with you, I can't see the difference.
325-at-2pm
Veteran RRF member

Post by 325-at-2pm »

Doesn't the gold V59 label have Made in USA on it, whereas the C58 and real 50s 325s have a gold logo without Made in USA?
leftybass
RRF Consultant

Post by leftybass »

Greg: Yes, unless maybe the late V59's didn't have it. Most if not all had 'Made in USA' under the logo, and no Rickenbacker had 'Made in USA' on the TRC until early 1964, the Jan. 1964 325 FG solid-top on Glen Lambert's site is the earliest that comes to mind without looking thru the reference work. Lennon's 2nd 325 (DB 122) had it as well. I've seen Rickenbackers as late as 1970 that had older-style TRCs that had no 'Made in USA' on them and looked original to the instrument.

Return to “Rickenbacker Vintage 325 Models: by Glen Lambert”