Rickenbacker "C" Series Annonunced Online Today

Modern years of Rickenbacker Guitars from 1984 to the present

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

admin
Site Admin

Rickenbacker "C" Series Annonunced Online Today

Post by admin »

Exciting news! The Rickenbacker "C" Series has been posted on the Official Rickenbacker Site today. It provides background information with regard to the production of new instruments. These include precise copies of a 325C58 modeled after John Lennon's Rickenbacker guitar and a Model 4001C64 modeled after Paul McCartney's bass. Check out the Official Site for the details. Any public information that you may with regard to this series would be most welcome under this topic including photos that you can either post to The Rickenbacker Forum or email to The Rickenbacker Registration Page. Your comments with regard to these new models are welcomed.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
anon

Post by anon »

Check out the tiny pics of the new C Series they have here
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes thanks. I also notice that there is a new 325C64, the "Miami" and a 360/12C63.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
Nick_Thiel

Post by Nick_Thiel »

Those little pics on that last link are actually just the same as the vintage series. I doubt that page will be up and running with all information until NAMM. Also please note the word "draft" at the top of both pages, as these pages are still being worked on by Rickenbacker and also won't likely be complete until NAMM too.

I can only say as one of the product advisors for this new series, that it has been a long year on this project and it feels good to exhale.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks Nick for your efforts on behalf of all Rickenbacker enthusiasts worldwide. I do note the word draft and expect that it is only preliminary information. This page came up when I was searching on the Official Page. I have no details beyond what I have learned from these two pages that are on the RIC server. I am sure all the details will be held until NAMM but it is interesting to speculate how these new additions will look and how well they will be received.

Nick_Thiel

Post by Nick_Thiel »

You may want to take a look over on Vox Talks right now, it's been a pretty hot topic for the last day or so. I think everyone is just as excited as I've been since I found out about this guitar in November of 1999. I was asked to be an advisor on the project in January 2000 and it has really been a great learning experience researching this model. A lot of myths were put to sleep this year and this is all owed to John Hall who had the vision to put this project together and make it work.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks Nick. Another great idea from Rickenbacker. I have learned that the miniature photos are still the old ones, as you have suggested, and they are used for positioning only while the webmasters at RIC get things in order. This really heightens the excitement in a way. I can hardly wait to see what these instruments will look like. I will visit Vox Talks now.

anon

Post by anon »

It is a radical marketing decision and I wholehearted agree with the idea. After seeing the photos on Vox Talks, we are being given what John was given. Now you have to Lennonize or personalize your Rick. It's wierd that they went with the Kaufman, because this great, likely limited edition guitar will be drilled almost immediately for a Bigsby. I can't see anyone who will play the guitar more than once keeping the Kaufman monstrosity on there.
Now the real questions:
Maple or Alder?
Price?
Will a mere mortal get one without bankruptcy?
Will the eagle eyed Rick owners finally shut up about a correct re-issue?
Anyone wanna sell their now useless and totally incorrect 325v's for pennies on the dollar?
Opps, they've done it again. That's the sound of my wallet choking.
jwilli
RRF Consultant

Post by jwilli »

Answers to the above questions:
A. Alder
B. ????.
C. They will cost more so save your pennies.
D. I hope so! :-)
E. We'll find out soon enough.
mikey

Post by mikey »

So what are we going to have to add ourselves?
1. Burns knobs
2. Bowtie bridge
3. Bigsby unit
4. Tuners????
5. Dents and scratches
Nick_Thiel

Post by Nick_Thiel »

If you're going for the Sullivan show thing, numbers 1, 2 and 3 are it.
terry
Veteran RRF member

Post by terry »

Nick: Does that mean the 325C58 will be offered in a black/Jetglo finish, too?
anon

Post by anon »

Shall we do some pre-mature speculation on the little details?

Will the Kauffman say "Kauffman" on it?
Will the Grovers be in-house clones, the current (crummy) official reissues, or did they get the company to build some accurate reissues?
Will the pickups have the little circles at the ends of the slots?
Will the bridge be the proper one, with no screw holes for the cover?
Will it have the green case with no compartments?
Nick_Thiel

Post by Nick_Thiel »

Look at the people who are involved, what do you think? It will likely have the new silver case, but the rest of the stuff you will have to wait until next thursday for.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Tomcat: Jetglo would be a simple matter to do I suppose, however, in keeping with the spirit of the text I saw, albeit briefly, it would seem that there will be a 325C58 in Mapleglo (Natural) and a 325C64 "Miami" in Jetglo. As these guitars will meet the exact specifications of the instruments as they left the factory I would speculate that the 325C58 will not be in Jetglo. This is, of course, a guess on my part.

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: Modern Years - After 1983”