DR String Life Liquid Polymer - any reviews?

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

tsarter
Veteran RRF member

DR String Life Liquid Polymer - any reviews?

Post by tsarter »

This seems trivial after reading about David Carr, but this is one of the reasons I logged on this AM so I'll ask anyway.

On some of the basses I use rounds on, I find certain strings to be perfect. Specifically I find TI Jazz rounds to be the perfect string on my Guild M-85. Those strings are not cheap though and I'd like to extend their life if possible. Has anyone tried using DR String Life Liquid Polymer? Here's a link to a description:

http://www.stringitup.com/drstlilipost.html

I'd like to hear impressions before buying.

Dunlop also make s a string clearner/conditioner that I'm considering though it does not coat the strings like the DR product.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dunlop-Ultraglide-65-String-Conditioner-Cleaner?sku=425266

Any input is appreciated.
billy_sacco

Post by billy_sacco »

I think the colored DR strings are already coated with this stuff. I have used the colored strings and they do retain a certain degree of brightness for quite a while and I am rough on my strings. To me I usually end up wearing down the core of the string so I don't think this stuff would help with that. I guess it depends how hard you are on your strings. If you play with a pick really hard all the time this stuff may not help much.
tsarter
Veteran RRF member

Post by tsarter »

Yes, some DRs are already coated with this stuff. The product I'm asking about allows you to coat any string with their polymer. I use DR Black Beuties on some basses - my Ruby 4003 being one - which started me wondering how this holds up on other strings.
325_fan

Post by 325_fan »

I have DR Greenies on one of my basses right now. Believe it or not, I detect a difference between the Greenies and the Black Beauties.

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”