Call for Content - chrissquire.net

The genius of Chris Squire
revolution9

Call for Content - chrissquire.net

Post by revolution9 »

Hi everyone - we're putting together an authorized site on Chris Squire that will focus in on content that would be appreciated mostly by musicians. Elys is stepping up and providing technical information and other 'inside info' as only he can. After cruising these boards, I'm really impressed with the information that you guys have on Chris' career, techniques, instruments, etc. If anyone wants to send over content that speaks to:

1. Your own personal reflections on Chris' influence on your own playing and interest in the bass.

2. Close Encounters of the Chris Kind - run-ins with the big guy.

3. Help on a complete Chris Squire discography - any links or leads that will help me to compile a graphic discography (other than scanning my own almost complete collection)

4. Reflections on Rickenbacker - any unique first person hints on everything Rickenbacker - recording, playing, purchasing

5. Other suggestions. There will be a quite active Musicians Lounge that Chris would like to be a portal for young and experienced players to gain information and possibly connect with other bass players.

This project has the full endorsement and cooperation of Chris and Scotland Squire. More than a personality site, this site will provide compelling content for musicians - so let me know what will make it 'sing' for you.

www.chrissquire.net

Please contact me at richard@richardstellar.com
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

Welcome Richard!

What a way to make an entrance!

That is GREAT NEWS!

I'll be sure to keep an eye peeled!

THANKS!
"Freedom of expression is important, but I have learned that people want to know how much you care before they care how much you know."
The only time a bass player gets noticed is when he stops playing.
revolution9

Post by revolution9 »

Thanks Tony! Hope you like what we got comin'!
lyle_from_minneapolis
Advanced Member

Post by lyle_from_minneapolis »

Nice entrance indeed! You will definitely get some input--maybe more than you want...Image

Thanks!
Here is where I hide my music:
http://www.soundclick.com/MarkKaufman
fran4001
Intermediate Member

Post by fran4001 »

Very exciting for sure. I spent a night with Chris back in 1999 and I'll get that story and pic to you. Definitely one of a few highlights of my life! You definitely came to the right place!
Apr. '73 4001JG, Jun. '73 4001MG, Feb. '75 4001 WBT, Feb. '00 4001CS
ram

Post by ram »

Hi Richard, and welcome to the forum. I have already bookmarked the site. I think this is great news indeed. Will try to have something for you in a few days - the musical end of this is very cool!

I was almost run over by their limos leaving a venue once... but I don't think that counts.
The only thing we can perceive are our perceptions - George Berkeley
aceonbass
Veteran RRF member

Post by aceonbass »

Meeting Chris before his performance at the House Of Blues last year was definitely a highlight for me and my wife. Her grin was bigger than mine when we were photographed with Chris. This site looks like it's gonna be packed with some pretty cool stuff for Squire fans and musicians alike.
revolution9

Post by revolution9 »

I spent a night with Chris back in 1999 and I'll get that story and pic to you.

I wanted to limit it to performance related content, but I guess this definitely fits in! I'm waiting for this one Fran!! Scotty might not like it, but what the hell.
elysrand
Advanced Member

Post by elysrand »

Hi Richard! You couldn't have know that Fran is a 50+ year old guy Image Scotty won't mind...
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, and sit in with the band whenever you can, to keep your chops up!
revolution9

Post by revolution9 »

"not that there's anything wrong with it"
- Jerry Seinfeld
elysrand
Advanced Member

Post by elysrand »

Oh by the way, WELCOME to the Forum, Richard, it is a great place to surf and hang out if you love playing and owning Ricks! (and even if you don't, as long as you know someone who does) In speaking to Scotty at length yesterday, we are getting ready to take the stone* domains off parking at godaddy this week and open up the sites for your expert webmastering, too Image Yippee, and thanks for involving all our brothers and sisters here in the Forum in this, there is no better body of expertise anywhere on the planet! Image Image
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, and sit in with the band whenever you can, to keep your chops up!
fran4001
Intermediate Member

Post by fran4001 »

Jeez, look where this ended up! Thanks for the props Elys! You might have just saved my a**!
Unfortunately, I really AM a 50 year old guy. All that really happened was a little drinking and bullshitting from 10:30pm until 2 am in the hotel bar, post show. Lotsa fun, and Alan White was also with us. Whew, that was close!
Apr. '73 4001JG, Jun. '73 4001MG, Feb. '75 4001 WBT, Feb. '00 4001CS
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Uh huh!
lyle_from_minneapolis
Advanced Member

Post by lyle_from_minneapolis »

Chris, Fran...Fran, Chris...

Hmm.

Here is where I hide my music:
http://www.soundclick.com/MarkKaufman
ram

Post by ram »

Hey a man has got to have a hobby - who are we to judge? Seriously Fran - it will be neat to hear/read the tale on the new chrissquire.net
The only thing we can perceive are our perceptions - George Berkeley

Return to “Chris Squire and Yes Forum”