Anyone need speakers? I have extras

Let's talk guitar amplfiers

Moderator: jingle_jangle

paologregorio

Anyone need speakers? I have extras

Post by paologregorio »

Hi all,

I have a stack of perfectly good speakers I don't need anymore; I have a pair of Greenbacks, a pair of Celestions from a Bluesbreaker combo, a pair of Mojotones that I bought for a brownface Twin, and a pair of Electrovoice EVM 12S 200 watt speakers. I'll offer them to forum members first. Contact me if y'all are interested. They all work great. They've all been either tested, reconed, or both. When I didn't know any better, I listened to someone who suggested that I guy greenbacks for my brown face Twin. I've since learned better and bought some JBL replicas from Weber which fit the bill. I probably have all of two to four hours total playing time on those Greenbacks. The Celestions out of the Bluesbreaker combo have both been tested A-OK. One had a small tear, but I had it patched and tested by OC Speaker. I punched a hole in one of my EVs somehow, and had it reconed by OC Speaker, and had the other speaker tested out at the same time. The only speaker pair not tested were the mojo tones, but they have performed without issue in whichever amp I've put them in. Let me know, eh?

I'm an alnico lover and all of these speakers have ceramic magnets, so I don't need them. They're taking up space, and I'd like to get a another pair of Webers for another one of my Twins. Oh, that reminds me; one of my Twins has Celestion Vintage 30s in in-the Twin that I brought to the So. Cal Rick Confluence that Darren Trott played "Sink or Swim" out of, for those of you in attendance. Maybe if I sell all of those speakers I can buy two pairs of alnico webers and have a few bucks left over!
ken_j
RRF Consultant

Re: Anyone need speakers? I have extras

Post by ken_j »

What is the impedance of the EVMs?
"The best things in life aren't things."
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

ken_j wrote:What is the impedance of the EVMs?
I had them in my Fender Twin. The EVs, the Mojo tones, and the Greenbacks are all 8 ohms. The Vintage 30s should be 8 ohms as well. The Celestions that were in the Bluesbreaker combo are G12Ts. I can't find the ohms indicated on the magenet, but there's a blurred stamp on one of the frames that looks like it says 4ohms, but I'm not sure.
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

Paul, if you have an ohmmeter, a 4 ohm speaker will read somewhere around 3 ohms and an 8 ohm speaker will read around 6.5 ohms. Both + or - depending on the speaker, but those figures will get you in the ballpark.
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

johnallg wrote:Paul, if you have an ohmmeter, a 4 ohm speaker will read somewhere around 3 ohms and an 8 ohm speaker will read around 6.5 ohms. Both + or - depending on the speaker, but those figures will get you in the ballpark.
Cool! Thanks John. I'll do that. It doesn't seem like the G12T speakers should be 4 ohms-all of the other Celestions I have are 8 ohms and these were in my AC 30 for awhile, as were the other Celestions!

Return to “Greg's Amplifier and Tube Tech Forum: by Greg Simon”