Fire Fall- Where are they now?

Rock, Blues, R&B, Jazz, Country, Progressive and Metal music from 70’s on.
tamborineman

Fire Fall- Where are they now?

Post by tamborineman »

They were a very good band with a good first album. 1976 was a long time ago. Anybody know what happened to these guys :?:
winston
Membership Admin

Re: Fire Fall- Where are they now?

Post by winston »

As far as I know the last time Firefall played as a band was on the Fleetwood Mac, Rumours tour. As a point of interest, one of their singles had Timothy B. Schmit in a backup singers role. This is a band with all sorts of talent and connections to big names in the industry but they did not emerge as a winner as perhaps they should have. I believe that drugs and booze played a role in their ultimate demise. That's a familiar story in the world of rock and roll.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
peewee
Intermediate Member

Post by peewee »

Larry Burnett used to be a DJ here on a couple of FM stations back in the late '80s and early '90s. I recall seeing him around town at various open mics and songwriters functions from time to time. I haven't seen him or heard his name mentioned in a number of years, so I'm not sure if he's still in DC. Not a very nice individual, IIRC, kind of a major asshat.

According to the band's website, they've a reunion show scheduled for April 9, 2008 in Boulder, CO with appearences by the original members. Jock Bartley and Steven Weinmeister also completed an acoustic Beatles tribute CD called Colorado to Liverpool - a tribute to The Beatles as the Firefall Acoustic Duo.

http://www.firefall.com/default.asp
shamustwin

Post by shamustwin »

Kinda that soft pop that depressed me in the '70's. So happy when The Cars singles started popping up!
tamborineman

Post by tamborineman »

I would include them with Pure Prairie League, Eagles, Joe Elly, The Band, Little Feet, that country rock thing, that in those days was very different from Nashville country. Remember [ Zeplin excluded ] the alternative rock in 1976 was Disco. Times were tough, Iggy had to move to Berlin! :wink:

Return to “Groove Yard: by Admin”