In the Hands of Mr. Howe

Post by johnallg »

Imagine what Steve could do with one of these:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3SsYQrgcyA
just_bassics
Intermediate Member

Re: In the Hands of Mr. Howe

Post by just_bassics »

In Steve's hands? I'm thinking about what I could do with it! I'm sure Steve would put it to good use. Are these available yet?
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

I'll take a bass please!

VERY COOL!
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

just_bassics wrote:In Steve's hands? I'm thinking about what I could do with it! I'm sure Steve would put it to good use. Are these available yet?
Not yet - projected to be $6000..... I just sent an email you will be interested in. :wink:
just_bassics
Intermediate Member

Post by just_bassics »

Ha! You'd have to divide that price by at least 4 before I'd be interested. It is a cool axe, but with guitar synth technology past it's twentieth year and the Line 6 Variax and all the other gadgets these days, I don't see what new technologies here could justify that price... trying to pay off R&D? Certainly there are some new applications under the hood of that thing, but $6k? I'll pass. $1500.00 and I'll consider the emerald finish :D
bob_atherton
Intermediate Member

Post by bob_atherton »

At a tangent.... I sold Steve Howe a 6 string Gibson guitar banjo back in 1976. It was made in the 1930's. I always hoped he might use it on a recording but I never saw or heard it again. Mind you he did have one or two other instruments at that time. He was a vintage collector before most of us had even thought about the concept, always ahead of his time...!

Return to “Chris Squire and Yes Forum”