Outdoor gig pics!

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

melibreits

Outdoor gig pics!

Post by melibreits »

Still recovering from a fun weekend in the sun here in Grand Marais, Minnesota, home of the annual Fisherman's Picnic festival. Had a couple of fun outdoor gigs with my friend Billy D, and my husband took some pictures at the first one on the East Bay outdoor stage Friday evening. In this picture I am playing a Ric, my 615 BT, although it is kind of hard to tell from the camera angle. That's Bill almost hidden behind the keyboard, LOL!
Lilo2.JPG
I only used the music stand to play Bill's songs--all of my own were memorized--but he had to use the music for my songs, due to limited practice time.... I like how this picture turned out--I'm playing my 12-string Breedlove J-22 Pacific, a guitar which never fails to inspire me.
Lilo1.JPG
As we were setting up I had the fright of my life when a big gust of wind blew up out of nowhere from behind us and knocked this guitar, locked in its stand, flat on its face on the stage! I was really worried, as the guitar had a really annoying buzz every time I played an open E chord after that fall.... After I got home I closely inspected the guitar and found that when the guitar fell, the lock on the guitar stand had crimped the low E string a little bit, hence the buzz.... I changed the string and everything is A-ok, much to my relief. We played another gig the next day using many of the same songs, and it went much, much better. I'm glad that the first one was not for pay--it was sort of like a dress rehearsal for the paying gig out on the deck of a local lounge and supper club, which went very, very well--I think there may be more gigs in the future for us as a team!

Stay tuned for a YouTube video....
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Re: Outdoor gig pics!

Post by johnallg »

Looks like a really nice time. Your dress matched with the sky! I'll bet you planned that, huh. (I am teasing, knowing the variability of midwest weather) That Breedlove has really nice flaming working for it. Sure glad it wasn't more than a string loss because of the fall. Congrats on two nice outings Melibee!
scotty

Post by scotty »

Rock on mel!
whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Post by whojamfan »

Glad to hear the guitar was ok. Great pics and you look like you're having a blast. :D
melibreits

Post by melibreits »

Rats.... I thought we had a video of the whole song, but I guess we only have a teaser of this one, called "Underneath and Overall." It's one of my originals, and it normally rocks... It's kind of funny that my husband chose that one to record, because it sounded totally different from how we practiced it--I think Bill accidentally bumped the wrong preset on the keyboard so that it sounds more like bluegrass, LOL! It changed the whole tempo and feel of the song, but the little clip we have still turned out okay.... I'm going to have to check out some of our other video clips and see if I've got a whole song to post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOVexbtNnqg
leftyguitars
Advanced Member

Post by leftyguitars »

I like the Harley sound effect, was it played on the keyboard? :)
"If only quilted maple grew on trees!"
http://www.leftyguitars.co.uk
melibreits

Post by melibreits »

leftyguitars wrote:I like the Harley sound effect, was it played on the keyboard? :)
HAHAHAHA!!! That's funny! :lol: Especially since Bill's wife is nicknamed Harley! :lol:
scotty

Post by scotty »

Mel the video has been removed.
melibreits

Post by melibreits »

Yep.... I just figured out that we had a glitch when the video was loading, so am uploading it again.... Hopefully the whole song this time! :D

Please be patient, we seem to be having some technical difficulties.... We just lost connection again while it was uploading, but I will post the link when we finally do get it reloaded! :roll:
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

Looking forward to it.

JimK
melibreits

Post by melibreits »

Okay.... FINALLY.... Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h9z8opO1m4
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

What's the white Ric that you're playing in the picture? I'll probably need to watch the vid to find out, though...
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Looks like you had a great time despite the mishap Melissa.

I hope you played this one?

“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
melibreits

Post by melibreits »

Not in this set, Brian.... Although the church I used to go to still does the "Waterfront Worship" on the main stage for the Sunday morning of FishPic weekend.... The songs we did were a lot of my originals, as well as a lot of cover songs that Bill chose by the Eagles, Jimmy Buffett, Neil Diamond and a few others--we were trying to play to a more general-interest audience.... Although some of my own songs certainly do have a Christian message for those who are really listening! :wink:

BTW, my apologies about the darkness of that video, which I decided to record just for fun at worship practice back in June--it didn't preview that darkly, but it's such a pretty song that I decided to post it on YouTube anyway, although it really does nothing in the visual department....

BTW, Jake, the white Ric is my 615 BT.... I'll see if my husband took a better picture of me playing it.
whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Post by whojamfan »

Great video Mel, my wife and I enjoyed it very much :D

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”