Canadian Confluences

Reports from Canada
bitzerguy
RRF Consultant

Canadian Confluences

Post by bitzerguy »

Maybe we need to have another Canadian mini-confluence - I'm sure we could use the same venue in Toronto we used a couple of years ago. Of course with Dean in Montreal, that might be an option as well (and closer for our "Acadian" contingent).
Steve Wood (86kubicki)
I have been thinking about this for some time Steve. Craig's place was optimum for a mini-confluence. He had lots of really great amps to play through and we could get as loud as our ears could stand. I really had a great time in '06 and would love to get together again. Toronto may be the most central location for a national chapter event, all flights adn major highways leading there. It would also be nice to organize one down east to get to meet and thank Peter in person. Many great locations out west as well.

Perhaps, if there was enough interest, we could look into a national event every couple of years or so.

Feedback fellow Canadians?
...Dean
Never, ever drool on your surf shirt. It wrecks the solo.

660/12FG, 350V63/6FG, 620/6JG, 360WB/6DBG, Dingwall C1 #001, Prestige Heritage Elite FM
86kubicki
Advanced Member

Re: Canadian Confluences

Post by 86kubicki »

Hey Dean - Craig has said he'd be happy to host again (and he does have a lovely collection of yummy vintage amps!). Toronto is a central location for such a get together, but I've always been intrigued by an event close to Peter down east. Regardless, I'm happy to help out in any way I can!
tennis_nick
Intermediate Member

Post by tennis_nick »

Anything further west than Fredericton is out of my reach! and I'd have to borrow a Rickenbacker to fit in!
captsandwich
Intermediate Member

Post by captsandwich »

tennis_nick wrote:Anything further west than Fredericton is out of my reach! and I'd have to borrow a Rickenbacker to fit in!
There were plenty on hand at the last one. I think I was the only one who didn't bring a spare :oops: (I only owned one at the time, so it couldn't be helped). The variety of models was pretty spectacular, considering the mini-ness of the confluence. I'd love to do one again.
kelly

Post by kelly »

Did anyone have any worries about getting their Rickenbackers there? Any air travel issues?
bitzerguy
RRF Consultant

Post by bitzerguy »

Aitch brought his 350MB on tour through Canada and the States before heading off to Australia and home. But he did have it in an armoured safe of a guitar case. Man that thing was built!

I think Everyone else was driving distance from the Toronto area, including myself in from Montreal. So everyone's transport was by car, except for Aitch of course.

While more Rics are always nice to see and show, I wouldn't let the worries of traveling my Rics by air stop me from a confluence. At least at our mini-con in Toronto there were a lot of Rics and everyone got to play their favs. If you could make one, I'll gladly let you have a go on any of mine.
...Dean

660/12FG, 350V63/6FG, 620/6JG, 360WB/6DBG, Dingwall C1 #001, Prestige Heritage Elite FM
bitzerguy
RRF Consultant

Post by bitzerguy »

Hey Steve - great news about Craig volunteering his place again.

A confluence down east would be excellent though, and would likely attract more than a few of our international forum pals as well. Of course it would be wonderful to have all forumites at any Canadian event, but I think if it was in Peter's neck of the woods, there would be some extra efforts to get there. 8)
...Dean

86kubicki
Advanced Member

Post by 86kubicki »

I'm up for a New Bruswick roadtrip - plus I gotta see this thing in person!
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (2.59 KiB) Viewed 1550 times
audiorep2

Post by audiorep2 »

If one happens in the Maritimes, count me in !!
1968 4001 FG
1968 360/12 FG
lyric_girl

Post by lyric_girl »

I"m in and would be happy to help out in any way since I am in the GTA.

However, since I don't play very well yet and the fact that I'm not even a Ric owner, I just want to smooze and meet everybody...if that's ok.
'10 360 JetGlo
bitzerguy
RRF Consultant

Post by bitzerguy »

It's not about how well you play or how many you own Lynda. It's about meeting some really great people and sharing a mutual admiration and love of these instruments. Rest assured you would me most welcome at any forum confluence.
...Dean

lyric_girl

Post by lyric_girl »

bitzerguy wrote:It's not about how well you play or how many you own Lynda. It's about meeting some really great people and sharing a mutual admiration and love of these instruments. Rest assured you would me most welcome at any forum confluence.
Thanks very much. Would love to meet you guys.
'10 360 JetGlo
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

lyric_girl wrote:
bitzerguy wrote:It's not about how well you play or how many you own Lynda. It's about meeting some really great people and sharing a mutual admiration and love of these instruments. Rest assured you would me most welcome at any forum confluence.
Well then, we'll see you at MARF next weekend, right? 8) :wink: :idea:
tennis_nick
Intermediate Member

Post by tennis_nick »

If you guys come to New Brunswick after April... I could play tourist organizer! Moncton is quite well set up for this kind of event!
lyric_girl

Post by lyric_girl »

jps wrote:
lyric_girl wrote:
Well then, we'll see you at MARF next weekend, right? 8) :wink: :idea:
MARF? Remember, I'm a newbie :mrgreen:
'10 360 JetGlo

Return to “Canadian Chapter: by Dean Steglia”