Solo Releases

Answers to your questions about The Searchers
royclough
RRF Consultant

Solo Releases

Post by royclough »

Solo Releases

Tony Jackson

Tony Jackson released a number of fine singles after he left The Searchers but only one charted By Bye Baby.

Every track plus previously unreleased tracks can be found on the CD Watch Your Step- The Anthology released in 2004, it is deleted now however and it is unlikely you will find it cheap.

Chris Curtis

Chris Curtis released one single in the 60s called Aggravation/Have I Done Something wrong.

The A Side can be found on Searchers 30th Anniversary Box Set released in 1992 again long since deleted so again, unless fortunate, will not be cheap.This track is also available on a CD called Some Other Guys released in 1990 but new copies no longer available.

Both sides of the single did surface on the CD Searchers - German, French and Rare recordings, you could be lucky and find a copy on E-bay.

In 2005 a previously unreleased Chris Curtis track, You Don't Have To tel Me (a hit for The Walker Brothers in 64) appeared on Unearthed Merseybeat vol 3, as usual finding a copy may be difficult.

Mike Pender

Mike Pender released one solo single in 1986 It's Over/Brothers and Sisters both in 7" and 12" format

There have been a number of Mike Pender's Searchers CDs released but I have only ever come across one with these tracks on

Apart from re-recording a number of the hits some of these CDs do contain new tracks Broken Hearts, Red Ferrari, Blue Mondays are on every release, but on some you may get Two Hearts and a completely different version of Needles and Pins.

In the 90s an album called Class Of 64 was released which may be available on CD but be hard to find, Mike Pender contributed one track Falling Apart At The Seams.

Also in 90s a CD was released in Europe called Back To The Future in which a number of 60s acts performed their versions of modern hits, Mike Pender did Weather With You on that CD.

Very hard to find are 2 CDs which were only sold at shows and featured five 60s performers. Mike Pender did My Girl, True Love Ways, It Might as Well Rain Until September and is featured on an Everly Brothers medley with the other acts.

Also in 80s five ex lead vocalists, one of which was Mike Pender, from 60s band got together and released a one off single again in 72 and 12" versions,Ain't Nothing But A Houseparty.

Spencer James, who has now been lead vocalist since 1986, has released a total of 4 cds in his own right.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Solo Releases

Post by admin »

Roy: I really enjoyed your comments with regard to the solo years of The Searchers.

Mike Pender's Needles and Pins' ballad, to which you refer in your post, was terrific. The harmonies on this track are top notch and one of the more moving performances that I have ever heard him do.

I also loved Tony Jackson's version of Stage Door.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277

Return to “Searchers' Forum: by Roy Clough”